Help with Choosing My First Oracle Deck

claire1805

Hi, I am planning on getting my first Oracle deck soon, however I don't know of any deck that would be able to fit my preferences. And I sincerely hope that you will be able to help me with that.

I have been feeling pretty down lately and I want a deck(with beautiful artworks) that is geared towards emotional development and meditation, rather than predictive divination. If possible, I would like affirmations/messages on the cards as well. I want a deck that I can feel comfortable doing daily draws with, yet it is deep enough for further contemplation. and understanding.

I know Doreen Virtue's decks are possible options, but I am honestly not attracted to her decks after getting her 'Angel Tarot'.

I have spotted a few viable options for myself: The 'Conscious Spirit Oracle' and 'Earth Magic Oracle'. However, I would appreciate more alternatives...

Thank you!

ravynangel

deleted :)

VibrationalEnergy

First Oracle Deck

I have to say, my first oracle deck was an angel deck by Doreen Virtue. :) But, even though I am biased, because I developed the deck, I would suggest Vibrational Energy Oracle deck. After many years of reading Tarot and giving inspirational messages via spirit, I was gifted this deck in order to create a simple, easy to read deck for everyone. Seems we have over complicated life on earth - go figure :)
Here is an example of a card I pulled for you. It is "Abundant Blessings" Here is the definition: You have paid it forward enough. Now is the time when all you have sowed and planted will be reaped. The vibrational blessings of abundance are coming towards you so be ready and open to receive them. Abundant blessings will come forth in many plentiful guises, in an overflowing fullness that you will remind you of the completeness you once felt.
Here is a link to readings by Kate on the deck: http://www.daily-tarot-girl.com/tarot-deck-reviews/vibrational-energy-oracle-deck-review/
The bottom line on choosing a deck, find one that resonates with you. I wish you good luck on your first oracle deck. Vibrational Blessings Debbie A. Anderson

ana luisa

Dear Claire, the oracle world is such a big one ! And let me warn you, once you begin enjoying it, there's no stopping :) Here's my suggestion for a first oracle. It's not very known but it is BY FAR the most idyllic, sweet and comforting oracle deck I own. Its message is very gentle and it has given me a lot of positive reinforcement and hope when I needed. I expect you can still buy it from her site. It's all about trees and, in the same spirit, about real existing ones and made of recycled paper. If you want to have a look at some cards, click on the "Readings"at the top. Every time you re click, you'll get a new image.
http://www.vickylewis.co.uk/Trees/index.html

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

danieljuk

my 3 fave uplifting oracles in my collection:

- Earth Magic
- Daily Guidance From Your Angels Oracle (by Doreen V)
- A'ha Oracle made by Linnie on this forum. you can search for it on google to find how to order.

BodhiSeed

I second Ana Luisa's suggestion of the Tree Affirmation deck! :)

Glass Owl

High on my wish list is Magical Times Empowerment Cards and you may like them too. The cards have affirmations on them and the imagery is so beautiful.

Another recommendation I have for you is the Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle Cards. It is one of favorite decks and it is so spot on. Plus, it is a deck you can read right out of the box. In my opinion, it is a very good deck to use for emotional development and introspection. This is the first deck (Tarot or Oracle) that my husband has responded to and he even downloaded the app to his phone.

claire1805

Dear Claire, the oracle world is such a big one ! And let me warn you, once you begin enjoying it, there's no stopping :) Here's my suggestion for a first oracle. It's not very known but it is BY FAR the most idyllic, sweet and comforting oracle deck I own. Its message is very gentle and it has given me a lot of positive reinforcement and hope when I needed. I expect you can still buy it from her site. It's all about trees and, in the same spirit, about real existing ones and made of recycled paper. If you want to have a look at some cards, click on the "Readings"at the top. Every time you re click, you'll get a new image.
http://www.vickylewis.co.uk/Trees/index.html

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

I already have trouble staying my hand from purchasing any more Tarot and Lenormand decks! Much less Oracle decks >_< I really don't know anything about Oracle, its structure/system etc. So, I am quite unsure about the decks available in the market that would suit my preferences.

Thank you, ana luisa, for the thoughtful suggestion and link to the Oracle deck you recommended. I will go check out this seemingly beautiful and inspiring deck... I really need more positive reinforcement and hope in my life.

claire1805

High on my wish list is Magical Times Empowerment Cards and you may like them too. The cards have affirmations on them and the imagery is so beautiful.

Another recommendation I have for you is the Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle Cards. It is one of favorite decks and it is so spot on. Plus, it is a deck you can read right out of the box. In my opinion, it is a very good deck to use for emotional development and introspection. This is the first deck (Tarot or Oracle) that my husband has responded to and he even downloaded the app to his phone.

Thank you Glass Owl too for the suggestion. I recently discovered this deck(Magical Times Empowerment Cards) through Youtube reviews on Oracle decks, and found it to be very inspiring and gentle. However, I am not sure whether the images on the cards will spark off my intuition, that and it doesn't seem to include a guidebook except for a little white booklet. But I am definitely keeping an eye out for it. Decisions, decisions...

House of Night Oracle? Will go check it out too! >_<