Angels hair in The Lovers card

Amazon

I have searched all over the place & am unable to find the meaning/significance for the flame like hair on the Angel in The Lovers card. I noticed the hair on the Angel on the Judgement card is almost the same.

All help much appreciated!

Richard

I have searched all over the place & am unable to find the meaning/significance for the flame like hair on the Angel in The Lovers card. I noticed the hair on the Angel on the Judgement card is almost the same.

All help much appreciated!
The scene depicted in Judgement is that described in Daniel (Ch. 12) in which the angel is identified as Michael, who is traditionally associated with fire (the refiner's fire). The angel in Lovers may also be Michael.

Parzival

Angel's Hair

In my version at hand, the commemorative, it's a mix of green and orange, possibly yin/passive and yang/positive, a harmonious unity of opposites, It may be about a unifying Fire rather than a merely passionate one. Michael the Spirit of higher Unity.

Richard

I just noticed that the orange flames on Michael's head have the same shape as the orange flames on the Tree of Life (behind Adam), and this color also is used for the fruit on the Tree of Knowledge (behind Eve). The green flames have the same color as the Snake. There is a lot of stuff to speculate about in this card.

Waite's view of the Adam and Eve myth seems to be Gnostic. One version is that the Snake is a good guy (actually an incarnation of a god) who enlists Eve's help to get Adam to eat the Fruit. (Eve was generally smarter and more spiritually advanced than Adam.) After they ate the fruit, they became potentially more powerful than the Demiurge who created them, so he locked them out of the Garden before they had a chance to challenge his authority.