The Witches Tarot (Cannon Reed) - Study group discussion thread

Chiska

Thanks Sulis!

I will do just that.

Chiska

windspirit

Witches Tarot

Merry Meet and Witches Greet,
I only use the Witches Tarot. I am not your typical reader as I use the book only as a simple guide. I use more intuition than anything else. I read what the cards speak to me personally. When I first went to the book shop to search for Tarot cards, I walked into the shop, was pulled to the shelf that held the decks and The Witches Tarot literally jumped into my hands, I would put it down and look at others, but always came back to them so I purchased them. I immediately felt a strong connection and have ever since.

I have the Rider deck as well, which was a gift from a friend, but I just cannot get my head around them, I feel no connection at all and they simply do not speak to me.

The Witches Tarot, I seem to have a bond and I like it.

Muir Aingeal

Hi windspirit,

I'm a fan of the Witches tarot as well. I'm glad you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I don't really use the book when reading with this deck nor have I studied the qabala or spheres. I more or less use it like a traditional deck with some intuition thrown in.

Welcome to the forum :)

MercifulMight

windspirit said:
Merry Meet and Witches Greet,
I only use the Witches Tarot. I am not your typical reader as I use the book only as a simple guide. I use more intuition than anything else. I read what the cards speak to me personally. When I first went to the book shop to search for Tarot cards, I walked into the shop, was pulled to the shelf that held the decks and The Witches Tarot literally jumped into my hands, I would put it down and look at others, but always came back to them so I purchased them. I immediately felt a strong connection and have ever since.

I have the Rider deck as well, which was a gift from a friend, but I just cannot get my head around them, I feel no connection at all and they simply do not speak to me.

The Witches Tarot, I seem to have a bond and I like it.
Wow! So very similar to my own experience. This was the first deck I ever owned and everything about it (artwork of course, size, shape, feel) just resonated so perfectly with what I'd been looking for. Both of Ellen Cannon Reed books also really spoke to me on a number of levels and inspired me towards much further Qabalistic study and a sort of constant eye towards combing all things Qabalah with any of my Wiccan or other spiritual pursuits.

I have some very specific questions however, that have recently come about from my beginning to work with the Rider/Waite deck and learning more about the history of the Tarot as well as the attributions to specific paths on the Tree of Life. There are what appear to be a number of typos or mistakes in ECR's books that have me somewhat confused. It may take me a bit to compose a post that explains them all properly so I'll leave it at that for now and hope someone chimes in.

I'm new here and not sure if this is the place to post a detailed question so perhaps someone can confirm that this is the place or redirect me before I get too carried away = )

MM

Ladyoflosttimes

** opens the door with a creak and turns on the light. Looks around and sets her belongings on the table**

Hi there I see that the last post in here was in 2010 and I wanted to know if any one is still using this deck. I started to learn about Tarot many years ago but stopped due to a crazy life. I am just starting over again and this is my only deck. I would love to have a study group to learn with. I love this deck but there are still a lot that confuses me. If there is no interest in staring the group I would love a study buddy that I can PM back and forth as we learn together.

** Begins to clean the years of dust in the room and sees the welcome sign on the floor. Walks to the door and hangs up the sign with a happy tune and a smile**

dadsnook2000

Similar situation

I too have been away from Tarot for awhile since I started and guided the 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Deck forum. That was one of the most successful threads on Aeclectic Tarot and I still follow those that participate.

As to the Witches Tarot by Reed, I have had some good readings with this deck although I do not know enough of the Tree of Life to use that part to its symbolism. Also, this is one of those decks which the author/creator developed reversing the roles of Swords and Wands -- a process which I had no problem with.

If no others care to participate, I can utilize this opportunity to get back into my Tarot work. I am deeply involved in astrology, have just published a book, Personal Prediction, am engaged in marketing it now. My time will not be intensely devoted to Tarot due to the book and my blog site but I will contribute. Dave

Ladyoflosttimes

I started and guided the 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Deck forum. That was one of the most successful threads on Aeclectic Tarot and I still follow those that participate.

Hi Dave :) thank you for the form I just looked at it and I am thrilled to start that. It looks like there are still a few people that are on that one to help me out.

As to the Witches Tarot by Reed, I have had some good readings with this deck although I do not know enough of the Tree of Life to use that part to its symbolism. Also, this is one of those decks which the author/creator developed reversing the roles of Swords and Wands -- a process which I had no problem with

I do not have a problem with the reversing of the Swords and wands ether because I have always looked at swords to be of fire and wands to be of air atuomatacly. I always have a harder time with other decks with them having it as swords as wind. The only really problem I have with this deck is the court cards being all the same. I know that if I do the 21 ways it mite help me figure it out and with practice I will understand them better.

I hope more people that have this deck come out and play :)
thanks again
Fran

ladygirldolphin

I have been reading with the Witches Tarot for about a year now, and I LOVE it. So far all of the readings I have done using this deck has been amazingly accurate. I would love to talk with others using this deck.