The wheel (X) - Druidcraft deck

Neely75

I haven't got my Druidcraft cards yet, but am reading all these posts with great interest and trying to learn as much as I can before I get them. I'd love to see a post on this, to hear everyone's opinions.

coyoteblack

Bat Chicken said:
It actually sounds like a good idea worthy of a thread.... what do you think???:)

I can talk about the DC forever. SO a new thread will be great on the " lay of the land"

coyoteblack

78 weeks The Weel Druidcraft
Physical Description:
We have a woman drawing a circle around her. She is on the beach In front of a cave. She is wearing mostly blue her shawl is rust colored red and gold colored belt. On her arm is the Celtic symbol of above as so below. She has a wheel symbol in her hand representing the seasons of the year.

First Impressions:
There is a lot of change going on here, from the bright sun to the cave , from the land to the water. The beach is a boundary between earth and sea, the cave is both womb and tomb. Also she draws the circle in the sand with the wind coming it can all change. Unlike many other decks the wheel is not being turned by someone else she is making her own circle. I think this shows we have some control of our fate.

Mode, Element, Number

Mode all major arcana ask the question why. Are you ready for a change?

Element: Fire it takes energy to change and inspiration to understand what part you play

Number: 10’s are about the beginning if a new cycle changes also this card falls in the middle of the major arcana it is the pivot of the major arcana. Also about karma

Talking with the card

I told her she looked ice and I really like that color blue.
I asked her what the cave was there for
She said “unknown possibilities”
I asked her why the circle was not closed yet
She said “so I can come in”
I also had a personal conversation with her; she helped a lot and gave me a hug on the way out.
There is a little opening at the bottom of the card I think that is where we are supposed to walk.

Putting it all together:
Taking all the images together it is all change and extremes. The cave is really important , that and drawing the circle in the sand tell me that although there is a change coming it is not written in stone. Anything is possible and unlike other wheel of fortune cards we have some choice as to what happens as indicated by her drawing the circle with her in the center. Also I think Karma has a lot to do with this card as the number 10 can stand for karma. I know from my own experience when a change happens if it is bad I ask myself what I did to cause this even if it appears by chance.

Good, bad, Indifferent
Good: Good fortune is on the way! Be ready for a nice change

Bad: fear of change is preventing forward movement. Stagnation, maybe not
so good luck but if it is that examine my motives or past actions

Indifferent: Path change , Change for change sake.

hopena

Sulis said:
The Wheel of Fortune is usually about lifes cycles and about how fete or destiny just carries on, round and round and we can't control it. What we can do is take solace in the fact that nothing is forever, everything is a phase and once you've hit the bottom then things can only get better (or vice versa).

I think that this Wheel card turns that on it's head a little.
Here we have someone who is taking control of her own destiny. She isn't happy to leave things up to the hands of fete.
She's preparing to do some sort of magical ritual. She's on a beach, the place where the land becomes the sea; a magical place where the veil between the worlds is thin.
She's drawing her circle, creating sacred space so that she can work her magic and bring about a change.
She knows that everything is a phase and that the Wheel will always turn but she's helping it along a bit.

There's more of a feeling of being in control of our own destinies with this card than with many Wheel of Fortune cards and I think that's how it should be in a deck based on Wicca and Druidry. Magic to me is about taking control of your own destiny and giving the forces around you a little nudge in the direction you'd like things to go.
I like that :)

This is what I love so much about this Wheel of Fortune ~ I've always thought that she was drawing a circle to begin a magical ritual, in an effort to take her life/fate into her own hands, rather than just taking whatever comes her way, and hoping for the best.

gargoyle_guarded

Wheel

I see this woman clearly outlining or sealing a desired fate. She is casting the circle as a form of protection so that she may always know her limits or keep within her boundaries. The circle is being drawn in a clockwise direction indicating there is proper flow of energy being utilized. She is surrounding herself with this positive energy so that her dreams or desires may manifest much quicker.

crazy raven

I've been reflecting on this card and have enjoyed reading everyone's input and I'm sure this has helped me to begin to understand The Wheel.

As coyoteblack, I walked into this card to gain a greater perspective. When I asked the woman the purpose of her circle and its many symbols, she said 'each human being is born with his/her own abilities and filled with so much potential. It is up to each one of you to find and develop them. Initially this circle is empty, within its centre is the axis, a place where all directions meet....this place is the heart...a place of love, peace, harmony and balance. Within its circumference is a hidden message containing for each individual, their own key. -One never stops traveling the circle...it is a place of endless knowledge and gifts of the four directons and our world.

Can one really blend a piece of themselves with another entity and share knowledge and understanding? I wonder if this ceremony has been performed to invite deities and entities of the earth, sun and universe into this woman's circle, to help her, touch her, heal her, guide her and merge with her for a little while? Obiously this can only be done during a meditative state....in the logical world it wouldn't make any sense!

I think with The Wheel, things in our lives are shifting and changing Our lives have changed from the last time we were here. To understand and see ourselves as we truly are, we learn to relax and let go of who we think we are. During this favorable state there is a sense of freshness, uncertainty and vulnerability in the air. This circle could be a time of breaking new ground, coming up with new ideas and seeing things more clearly.

I do think that this card is a place where we shouldn't rush into something but take the time to gain a proper perspective of things. We need to listen and give our whole attention to what is being shown or said to us. Otherwise we could miss something through our own lack of impatience and concentration?