Automatic writing for a "visitor"

EmpressArwen

Maybe just keep giving him hugs when he wants. That's what he needs for now by the sound of it.

Clearly you're a loving, motherly type and he has recognised that, so knows you're someone safe to come to, whether or not he's a past son.

I don't know anyone who can see these people with their eyes... though I think my grandmother did. She tried to stamp it out in herself, thought it was wrong, and also I'm sure she saw an awful lot more than the few incidents she told us about. I wish I could have the conversation wtih her now that I know more about it!

My eldest son has always been sensitive, and easily scared by the whole thing. His nature is to shut out anything that he doesn't feel at home with, and he's only now (aged 21) coming to terms with the fact that he's a strong healer, etc. His girlfriend's family are Catholic and we've had some interesting convrsations about all things spiritual... I was brought up going to church (C of E) every week so I know all the stories, terminology etc by heart, whereas the boys aren't familiar with any of it. The younger one is made of different stuff and I haven't found out yet (nor has he) what his specific strengths are. Apart from empathy that is. When he was tiny he talked about his "other family" - complete with village name, house description, route to get there, and the various family members including his other mother, etc. Consistent in the details, to the point that his nursery were shocked when I said I didn't know them except through him! lol. He hates to talk about this stuff so I have to wait till his adulthood!!

Myself, I sometimes know someone's there but very rarely anything more definite than that. However I heal, that's what I know how to do, I can see where the energy knots are in a person's body. Still a bit wistful about the more "traditional" sensing of things... if you know what I mean. :)

It's really moving about your little visitor. Touching. The mother in me gives him a hug, too. :heart:

Fascinating! Do you think his "other family" was a past life?

Our oldest children sound very similiar. He is also extraordinarily kind. Evetyone on the plnet is his friend. He sees the good in everyone. Not sure how else to describe it. I was worried the world would chew him up and spit him out...but he has grown and matured, toughened up a bit I guess you could say,but still retained that kindness. I'm so glad.

My youngest is also made of different stuff too. He's more suspicious of people (but not of random spirits coming to the house lol). He wonders about people's motives...he can spot bullsh!t a mile away. He would refuse to answer people's questions when he was younger. Like someone would say, "Hello!How are you?" and he would just stare at them...later I would get on him for being rude, and he would say, "mom, they didn't really care how I was doing, so why tell them?" He could tell if someone was genuine or not (maybe this is like an empathic trait?)..and had zero tolerance for those who weren't. He's better about it now, having a grasp of societal niceties....but still has a strong bullsh!t meter. lol

MandMaud

Fascinating! Do you think his "other family" was a past life?
I really don't know what to think. He didn't even remember talking about it, until I reminded him recently. I suspected the village name was influenced by some of the words that were his favourites at the time (this was around his 2nd birthday and he was getting into words longer than two syllables :) ) but that's something a littlun would do anyway with a name he half-knew.

Our oldest children sound very similiar. He is also extraordinarily kind. Evetyone on the plnet is his friend. He sees the good in everyone. Not sure how else to describe it. I was worried the world would chew him up and spit him out...but he has grown and matured, toughened up a bit I guess you could say,but still retained that kindness. I'm so glad.
Yes, it struck me that they're alike, when you said your younger one isn't fearful, lol. But my 21yo has been chewed up and spat out :( (in fact I was asking advice here a couple of years ago when he was in a really bad patch), but given some of the things he's lived through, he's really "together" now. Once I've seen how he deals with one more big blow, I'll relax that he's truly together enough to survive ordinary life. :) He's a musician, and making a living from it - well, almost a living - which I'm so proud of!

When he was little he had night terrors and sleepwalking, and he's never shared his dreams but used to choose how they ended because they were scary. He just isn't a words person. He doesn't instinctively get how other people think, but he absorbs emotions which aren't his and is only just learning to tell which don't belong to him - I've told him lots about protection and I think he uses a fair bit of it but I don't think it's habit so far, which it needs to be. I wouldn't say he assumes everyone's nice, but he is the gullible one and whn he gives his heart he gives it 100%... whether to a person or a career or whatever.

My youngest is also made of different stuff too. He's more suspicious of people (but not of random spirits coming to the house lol). He wonders about people's motives...he can spot bullsh!t a mile away. He would refuse to answer people's questions when he was younger. Like someone would say, "Hello!How are you?" and he would just stare at them...later I would get on him for being rude, and he would say, "mom, they didn't really care how I was doing, so why tell them?" He could tell if someone was genuine or not (maybe this is like an empathic trait?)..and had zero tolerance for those who weren't. He's better about it now, having a grasp of societal niceties....but still has a strong bullsh!t meter. lol

My 14yo was never scared of anything physical. The seven years' gap makes it easier to avoid comparing, but you can't help it - for example, as a toddler, if the older one hurt himself, say pinched his finger, he'd stay away from the thing that had caught it, whereas the younger would head straight back and hurt himself again which I always thought was to check if that was actually how it had happened. (It was comical: bump, SCREAM, sniffle, bump, SCREECH, sniff-sniff scowl, bump, scream... fight Mum to go back again and BUMP...) And yep, he's always naturally understood how people tick, group dynamics etc. Gives him huge potential for being really hurtful with sarcasm because he sees inside to the tender spot - but his friends also use him as a counsellor and have since primary school (since he was 8 or 9 that I know of).

Oops, derailed this thread. You got me on the subject of my lads, it's your fault! :D

celticnoodle

Interesting! My older son says he just feels them and has dreams about them now but when he was younger he saw them with his eyes. I just asked my mom about how I was as a child and she said I saw them with my eyes, or at least that is how I described it until I was about 10 or so. After that I didn't mention it much, just tlked about what I felt, as in I would say, I could feel someone was around.

Hmmm...I wonder why that is? I did see (with my eyes lol) a glimpse last night, but just a tiny one, hmmmm.
I often get spirits coming to me when I'm sleeping--and dreaming as well. This is a fairly normal way of seeing spirits. This thread has really gotten me to try and remember things with myself and our daughter and others. I know our daughter as a child saw them with her eyes and in her dreams. Our granddaughter did as well, as far as we can tell. I also remember my niece seeing them both ways. The daughter and I still do see them as well with our eyes now and also our 3rd eye and in our sleep. When we are sleeping, we are at our most relaxed, so it makes sense that one can see spirits that way. But yeah, I do wonder why it seems to get a bit different as we get older. Perhaps it is because as a child, you are so open and accepting that you see them easier with your eyes? What do ya'll think about this?

My eldest son has always been sensitive, and easily scared by the whole thing. His nature is to shut out anything that he doesn't feel at home with, and he's only now (aged 21) coming to terms with the fact that he's a strong healer, etc. His girlfriend's family are Catholic and we've had some interesting convrsations about all things spiritual... I was brought up going to church (C of E) every week so I know all the stories, terminology etc by heart, whereas the boys aren't familiar with any of it. The younger one is made of different stuff and I haven't found out yet (nor has he) what his specific strengths are. Apart from empathy that is. When he was tiny he talked about his "other family" - complete with village name, house description, route to get there, and the various family members including his other mother, etc. Consistent in the details, to the point that his nursery were shocked when I said I didn't know them except through him! lol. He hates to talk about this stuff so I have to wait till his adulthood!!

This is very interesting, MandMaud. That your son would speak of his 'other family'. My neighbors little boy does this same thing and often speaks of his brother from his other family. He use to even draw pictures of his "other family". He sees with his eyes too and he also dreams about them. I've spoken often to his mother about this, as she was frightened about it all--and I talked a little bit with the little boy about it--w/o asking him too many questions to upset him over this.

Myself, I sometimes know someone's there but very rarely anything more definite than that. However I heal, that's what I know how to do, I can see where the energy knots are in a person's body. Still a bit wistful about the more "traditional" sensing of things... if you know what I mean. :)
This is very interesting too, MandMaud. Is this how your son also heals? I've read in various places (books and the net) that healing often runs in the family line. I wonder if your grandmother was also a healer? Do you recall? My maternal gm was a healer, and well known in her community for this. I guess my own mother is a healer as well, in her own way. I'm being led to a healing path myself--and I think I'm probably more like my gm.

IYes, it struck me that they're alike, when you said your younger one isn't fearful, lol. But my 21yo has been chewed up and spat out :( (in fact I was asking advice here a couple of years ago when he was in a really bad patch), but given some of the things he's lived through, he's really "together" now. Once I've seen how he deals with one more big blow, I'll relax that he's truly together enough to survive ordinary life. :) He's a musician, and making a living from it - well, almost a living - which I'm so proud of!

this is too bad that he had it rough like that. However, it probably helped to make him strong as well. I also had a rough go of it for awhile - well into my 20s. I was going to say that I find this to often be true of all psychics--but then, sometimes I feel like everyone is like this in their lives. We all have our issues, don't we? But, I am glad to hear your son has it truly together now and wish him continued blessings and luck in his future.

When he was little he had night terrors and sleepwalking, and he's never shared his dreams but used to choose how they ended because they were scary. He just isn't a words person. He doesn't instinctively get how other people think, but he absorbs emotions which aren't his and is only just learning to tell which don't belong to him - I've told him lots about protection and I think he uses a fair bit of it but I don't think it's habit so far, which it needs to be. I wouldn't say he assumes everyone's nice, but he is the gullible one and whn he gives his heart he gives it 100%... whether to a person or a career or whatever.

this is what really drew me to your post here--as our daughter had this as well. Terribly so. However, at the time it occurred, we went through a HUGE transition in our family. We made a big move, (though we had often moved around from apartment to apartment in our first town), and she had to pretty much start over completely, making brand new friends, and get use to not being around relatives as much. We always chalked it up mostly to that, but this was also when she really began dreaming (or at least telling us about her dreams) of spirits coming to her and waking her up. In your sons case, I find it great that he was able to choose how they ended - and being young and figuring this out! That shows he actually is very strong indeed, MandMaud--I think. I still find this very difficult to do--as an adult! Is this the son who is empathic? He certainly sounds like one.

My 14yo was never scared of anything physical. The seven years' gap makes it easier to avoid comparing, but you can't help it - for example, as a toddler, if the older one hurt himself, say pinched his finger, he'd stay away from the thing that had caught it, whereas the younger would head straight back and hurt himself again which I always thought was to check if that was actually how it had happened. (It was comical: bump, SCREAM, sniffle, bump, SCREECH, sniff-sniff scowl, bump, scream... fight Mum to go back again and BUMP...) And yep, he's always naturally understood how people tick, group dynamics etc. Gives him huge potential for being really hurtful with sarcasm because he sees inside to the tender spot - but his friends also use him as a counsellor and have since primary school (since he was 8 or 9 that I know of).

Oops, derailed this thread. You got me on the subject of my lads, it's your fault! :D
lol! your two children are very different from each other then! The younger one if he is the one whom his friends confide in, obviously has empathic abilities as well. This is how it always was for me as well as a kid and still is. I often walk into a store and just seem to have people whom I don't even know come up to me and talk to me--confiding in me about their private issues. Perhaps your son is also following in your healing footsteps, MandMaud. :)

I didn't mean to hijack this thread either, but both of your posts have been quite interesting and this thread is just one I can't stop thinking about. I'm going to have to pick our daughters brain about all her abilities again and her daughters too when we next speak on the phone.

Interesting all around, and very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing your stories, ladies. :)

MandMaud

Y'know I was getting in a muddle myself! so I'll clarify: George is 21 and Arthur is 14. George is the hesitant, quiet, less wordy, former sleepwalker and present musician. Arthur is the daredevil, very(!) wordy, NOT quiet!! one, with the other family. George feels emotions that aren't his and is just learning to question whether what he feels came from anything that is his ... Arthur is the born counsellor with instinct for social dynamics ... George is not a great listener, tends to be tactless when trying his best to help, Arthur seems less sensitive but he's more conscious of what I call healing energy. So I think both are healers and both are empaths, but they do it SO differently that if you knew one's way, you wouldn't recognise the other's way as the same thing.

With George I knew he could heal because he would do it to himself, or more often make himself ill or prevent injuries from healing by his own power - his life lesson seems to be to become aware of what he's always known. Whereas Arthur can talk about spiritual stuff (except usually these days it's too uncool to talk seriously about, lol) and is articulate about his own feelings in a way I've never heard of in a child (from bfore he started school), or in most males! and has said things like for instance, when the dog was a bit off colour but I couldn't put my finger on it as her behaviour was normal, A said she felt "transparent". Whcih is my own word for how she felt, that fragile but indefinable malaise. (I say the dog told me she has a headache... lol.) So I think A may grow to "do" healing sooner, but G will go further/deeper eventually.

I wonder if your grandmother was also a healer? Do you recall? My maternal gm was a healer, and well known in her community for this. I guess my own mother is a healer as well, in her own way. I'm being led to a healing path myself--and I think I'm probably more like my gm.
That doesn't surprise me about you, CN. :) I knew my gran well, and yes I'm sure she was a healer (had the potential) but she never would have said so. The whole thing scared her, the only way she'd talk about spiritual things was in terms of the church and spiritual healing in the churchy sense never entered our lives.

I don't know about strangers telling her their problems - I get that though and so does Arthur :) - but strangers would suddenly be charmed by her, or friends of the family would give her a kiss on the cheek during a social gathering which would take her by surprise. Even into her 70s and 80s she had that "thing" that's attractive, and she never knew what they meant!

this is too bad that he had it rough like that. However, it probably helped to make him strong as well.
I don't know about stronger, that has yet to show (to my satisfaction at least), but deeper definitely. Yes, I had a horrible rough patch around his age and into my 20s but he did it far more dramatically and we had a really frightening several months. Since then, whcih is about two years ago, he's learnt to talk before it gets too bad and he has far more resources for when things happen.

this is what really drew me to your post here--as our daughter had this as well. Terribly so.
There wasn't anything going on in life, particularly, at least it didn't correlate wtih anything; and with him it went on for years anyway - from the age of maybe two until he was at least nine or ten. I think it was just him.

In your sons case, I find it great that he was able to choose how they ended - and being young and figuring this out! That shows he actually is very strong indeed,
Actually I suggested it - when he'd had a bad dream, and when very little it was the standard monstrs (or someone) coming to get him, I said that next time he needed to call on Mummy (who was good n scary when cross, lol) and she'd see off the monsters. Then he said it had worked. I just told him as if it was ordinary, and only told him years later that most people can't. But certainly he had no difficulty.

I used to have fantastic dreams and in my teens/20s was regularly lucid dreaming, without trying to, without having heard of it. I rarely remember even a fragment of a dream nowadays which I really miss, and I'm working on it but it's a slow job.

lol! your two children are very different from each other then!
Keeps life interesting. :grin:

I'd love to take them somewhere like Bali where the energies are strong and very much at the surface. In fact I'd love to take me there again, now that I've explored this stuff a bit and would be far more aware and able to work with whatever I found.

... And just to proved that I'm stll in the right thread(!), EmpressArwen, do tell us if/when you meet the little boy again. (And sorry. It's the Irish blood in me, prattles on. :) )

EmpressArwen

Fascinating read! Thank you for sharing this with me!

MM - my oldest son is also a musician! He's a music major at university. lol Interesting.

No more sightings of my little visitor. My son hasn't seen him either but he said he thought he wasn't planning on staying long. lol **shrugs**

novavita

I had a similar experience lying in bed facing away from the door. I felt my husband standing behind me leaning against the bed. I thought he was planning to scare me so I said I knew he was there and not the scare me. There wasn't an answer so I turned...and my husband was sitting in the next room on the computer. Spooky:)

EmpressArwen

I had a similar experience lying in bed facing away from the door. I felt my husband standing behind me leaning against the bed. I thought he was planning to scare me so I said I knew he was there and not the scare me. There wasn't an answer so I turned...and my husband was sitting in the next room on the computer. Spooky:)

Isn't it the strangest feeling? To know someone is there, to think it's your husband or in my case son...and then no one is there? Definitely spooky! lol

MandMaud

Isn't it the strangest feeling? To know someone is there, to think it's your husband or in my case son...and then no one is there? Definitely spooky! lol

I get that in phases, and this last couple of weeks it's been going on a lot. To the point of saying hi to my son, or the dog, and finding they're still upstairs. Sometimes we've all (when all four of us were living in this house) had phases of hearing a child call and replying only to find no one's there - I used to hear "Mum!" quite often and find it wasn't either of the boys. Never felt scary, just a little unnerving. My mother staying here saw an older woman and we wondered if it was the same person but she, in her 70s, was tuning in to a different life stage, and I was picking up the child as I was very involved with children then.

She and I and my ex compared notes and all had the same thing going on. When we focused, we separately identified the same corner of the house as where it was strongest. That was where our little one slept so once or twice I tuned in and "had a word", and stated that while I wished this spirit well, she wasn't to mess with my child. I don't think she had ill intent, but maybe was needy, and seeking to fill her need, could have drained him. And that felt better after I'd been firm about it.

Both the boys did the same, sometimes asking me why I'd called when I hadn't. We never told them what we thought in case it spoilt their sleep! But I made sure they had protection.

I suspect she moved out with my ex (18 months ago) as I hadn't noticed this at all - until recently, and this energy feels different.

Tiana

My oldest son had crazy accurate but often scary dreams. He had many visitors too. He was very fearful of it all and when he was about 12 prayed that he wouldn't have any more dreams or visitors. He didn't have any more until the day after his 18th birthday...it has increased since then but he is no longer fearful of it all.

At that age, I too prayed furiously for the dreams to stop. I didn't dream for YEARS. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Unfortunately, when I was an adult and lifted that block, I'd lost a lot of innate skill I had as a kid. No more lucid dreaming, for example.

Much like you did, my mom told me I could pick my dreams and their endings, if I wanted (like changing the channel on a TV), like this was something everyone could do. So I did. I really regret that I lost the ability because my rather scary dreams scared me. But I still remember perfectly the last dream I had before I swore myself off of dreaming and understand why I did it.

This thread was a fascinating little read. I do wonder if your visitor came back.

EmpressArwen

At that age, I too prayed furiously for the dreams to stop. I didn't dream for YEARS. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Unfortunately, when I was an adult and lifted that block, I'd lost a lot of innate skill I had as a kid. No more lucid dreaming, for example.

Much like you did, my mom told me I could pick my dreams and their endings, if I wanted (like changing the channel on a TV), like this was something everyone could do. So I did. I really regret that I lost the ability because my rather scary dreams scared me. But I still remember perfectly the last dream I had before I swore myself off of dreaming and understand why I did it.

This thread was a fascinating little read. I do wonder if your visitor came back.

That is interesting that you had the same experience. My oldest son is much the same in that it came back but with limitations.

No, our little visitor didn't come back. Hopefully he is moved on to a better place. :)