Help with a re-occuring dream...

EmpressArwen

I just wanted to share something that happened. I went to run an errand and on the way back home, I was sitting at a stop light, just kind of think about my life when all of the sudden, the car filled with this overwhelming scent of lilac. This is hugely significant because my grandmother always had lilac growing in her yard and would cut off branches and put them all over her house. She loved lilac. There is even lilac flowers carved into her headstone.

I'm not sure what this means but I think it was her way of telling me she is still here for me. I think she went a little overboard because the scent was so strong I had to roll down the windows. lol My youngest son hugged me when I got home and he said I smelled like flowers. :)

Thank you, Grandma. I love you too.

Flames

That's so beautiful...On my way to the coffee shop this morning, at around 10:30am, I had a thought about your dream...These words came to me as I was walking under some trees..."Arwen needs to know that her grandmother is around whenever she needs to reach out to her, that she is not alone, that help is there." That was it! Thanks for sharing. :heart: It's nice to know that you're being guided and supported.

EmpressArwen

That's so beautiful...On my way to the coffee shop this morning, at around 10:30am, I had a thought about your dream...These words came to me as I was walking under some trees..."Arwen needs to know that her grandmother is around whenever she needs to reach out to her, that she is not alone, that help is there." That was it! Thanks for sharing. :heart: It's nice to know that you're being guided and supported.

LOL...this happened at about 10:40 am!!! :)

smw

I just wanted to share something that happened. I went to run an errand and on the way back home, I was sitting at a stop light, just kind of think about my life when all of the sudden, the car filled with this overwhelming scent of lilac. This is hugely significant because my grandmother always had lilac growing in her yard and would cut off branches and put them all over her house. She loved lilac. There is even lilac flowers carved into her headstone.

I'm not sure what this means but I think it was her way of telling me she is still here for me. I think she went a little overboard because the scent was so strong I had to roll down the windows. lol My youngest son hugged me when I got home and he said I smelled like flowers. :)

what a loving experience :)

celticnoodle

Very COOL!!! I think perhaps it is to let you know that you are figuring it out. What that elephant is, I mean. Grandma wanted you to know too that she is still with you.

Flames, SO cool that you also got that thought from her grandma! Just a confirmation--as well as Empress Arwens little boy 'smelling flowers' on his mom (EA) when she returned home.

EmpressArwen, you just got TWO confirmations about your grandma being there with you! :D You are very, very fortunate indeed!

re-pete-a

What does it mean when you sat Ego is ruling my life? Is that being consumed with self? How do you stop that? I'm definitely stuck spiritually..well actually stuck describes my entire life right now. How do I bypass?

Thank you!

It's not bypassed ...ever ...it's integrated and renewed hourly...

Lost in the outer worlds drama is being led by the Ego...The spiritual is not so much concerned with the outer world...

A busy mind is always the tell tale sign of egotistical problems...So concerned and busy with trying to control and gain that nothing else exists...it's in it and is only it ...a very reactive world always in defense of itself...always attacking something.

It's a 'ME ONLY' world.

A quiet mind is open to intuitions or spiritual contacts.It's open to self improvements, releases, though not necessarily displayed in the outer world....It views the outer world but is not controlled by it...It's in it but it's not it...An active rather than re-active world.

'ME' is not the ruling trend...

Observe the undercurrents or the thinking hidden world ... Is it about controls, besting, manipulating,being right,looking good, being the hero, winning ...??

These are the tags that belong to the 'ME' ego...

One's base is in controls...pointing the fickle finger of fault findings outwards at others non perfections...never exposing the self . Fortifying...Cluttering.

The other's is releasing...always pointing the fickle finger of fault findings back at the imperfections of the self...exposing itself to itself...releasing. De-clutering

One is known as being asleep, unconscious ...the other known as awakening, becoming....

It's a life long activity this watching and observing the inside worlds, and is the road less traveled...

The Egotistical world is the easy road most often traveled and is the one that hasn't changed since the beginning of time...It's the same mind set that keeps warring and transgressing and always will...Militant Pharaohs are still here present in these so called modern times...Hence the same old ,same old...with better and more effective ways...

2 roads...two agenda...resistance or non resistance...

EmpressArwen

It's not bypassed ...ever ...it's integrated and renewed hourly...

Lost in the outer worlds drama is being led by the Ego...The spiritual is not so much concerned with the outer world...

A busy mind is always the tell tale sign of egotistical problems...So concerned and busy with trying to control and gain that nothing else exists...it's in it and is only it ...a very reactive world always in defense of itself...always attacking something.

Sounds just like me...sigh.

It's a 'ME ONLY' world.

A quiet mind is open to intuitions or spiritual contacts.It's open to self improvements, releases, though not necessarily displayed in the outer world....It views the outer world but is not controlled by it...It's in it but it's not it...An active rather than re-active world.

'ME' is not the ruling trend...

Observe the undercurrents or the thinking hidden world ... Is it about controls, besting, manipulating,being right,looking good, being the hero, winning ...??

These are the tags that belong to the 'ME' ego...

Hmm. I would never want to look good, be right, be the hero, best people or manipulate them BUT I have serious control issues. I have a set way life should be in my world and I work really hard to keep it that way...then things happen (as they always do) and I freak out because it's not as planned. Not a lovely thing to admit but it's true.

One's base is in controls...pointing the fickle finger of fault findings outwards at others non perfections...never exposing the self . Fortifying...Cluttering.

The other's is releasing...always pointing the fickle finger of fault findings back at the imperfections of the self...exposing itself to itself...releasing. De-clutering

One is known as being asleep, unconscious ...the other known as awakening, becoming....

I definitely find fault with myself more than others but I don't think it's productive fault finding...I think it's obsessive, I suck fault finding. I can see how that is not helpful or releasing in any way.

It's a life long activity this watching and observing the inside worlds, and is the road less traveled...

The Egotistical world is the easy road most often traveled and is the one that hasn't changed since the beginning of time...It's the same mind set that keeps warring and transgressing and always will...Militant Pharaohs are still here present in these so called modern times...Hence the same old ,same old...with better and more effective ways...

2 roads...two agenda...resistance or non resistance...

Hmmm...this may be too deep for me to fully comprehend. Is resistance fighting against the easy road? Fighting against self? while non resistance is just going with the flow the world, accepting that we all think of ourselves as the center of everything? Just being exactly like everyone else? Or would this be vice versa?

Thank you!

MandMaud

Feeling for you, EmpressArwen.

A general tip on discovering what the unseen elephant in the room is (for anyone). On a clear-thinking, less emotional day - or on one with time to decompress after the emotions ;) - consider all the things it can't possibly be. It helps to have kept an eye open for these during a few days or weeks. I mean the things you don't even wonder about, the things that don't even give you a strong "mustn't go there" feeling, because you "know" they're not an issue for you and so you dismiss them before you even see them.

So this has to be done "in theory" without ruling out anything no matter how irrelevant. As if you were doing sums, and the answers mean nothing.

Then see what answers the working-out has given, and pretend. For me the first time I did it this way, it was jealousy. Didn't even occur to me that I had a problem with it, I was the person who "hadn't got a jealous bone in her body". But I play-acted it, rehearsed if you like. Found I was REALLY uncomfortable around the very idea ... pursued it therefore ... soon (really, it was soon), I was able to be aware of when I was feeling jealous, and it wasn't even uncomfortable. I mean, it isn't a pleasant feeling but the thought that it could exist in *me!* was now ok, safe. All it took to feel safe around it was to bring it up to the conscious level.

There's going to be a negative emotion around anything that's buried, but that's ok so just wait it out and the process then is easy. Honest. :)

EmpressArwen

Very COOL!!! I think perhaps it is to let you know that you are figuring it out. What that elephant is, I mean. Grandma wanted you to know too that she is still with you.

Flames, SO cool that you also got that thought from her grandma! Just a confirmation--as well as Empress Arwens little boy 'smelling flowers' on his mom (EA) when she returned home.

EmpressArwen, you just got TWO confirmations about your grandma being there with you! :D You are very, very fortunate indeed!

Isn't that amazing? I feel very fortunate right now. Very loved. :)