Your HELLO AGAIN! Decks

greatdane

Any decks in the last month or two you've gotten reacquainted with?

For me, it's the Aquarian. I don't have a large collection of decks at all, but tend to gravitate to a few. I forget about the good old Aquarian (I have an early copy from the 70's) and enjoy getting reacquainted with it from time to time. I forget how cool I think it is :).

Anyone else have any recent decks that they have resurrected like a new (but familiar) friend?

Barleywine

I recently wanted four large-format decks for a global politics spread. I already had the Thoth, the DruidCraft and the Golden Serpent, so I dragged out the Post-Modern Tarot to go with them. Brian Williams certainly liked pastels (his Renaissance Tarot used them too.) I'm actually starting to like this deck a little.

Penthasilia

I'm having old decks that I long got rid of meander their way back to me. But it is working on a weird cycle of other old things returning- so not super shocked.

Heck- at this point in my life, I remain perpetually bemused. :p

Redfaery

I've pretty much entirely switched to TdM and the like, but recently I've felt the occasional pull back to my sentimental favorite, The Shadowscapes.

G6

Tarot of Vampyres

I recently reorganized some of my decks, so Ian Daniels Tarot of Vampyres came out of hiding. What an awesome deck! Amazing imagery and a very direct reader. 5 stars!

Tarot of Vampyres

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vampyres/

Morwenna

My Universal Waite came out to play! It's been a while!

RiverRunsDeep

Anyone else have any recent decks that they have resurrected like a new (but familiar) friend?

Yes! For me, it is my Robin Wood and Tarot of St. Petersburg decks. I've had both of these for decades, but I now have the companion book for each of them, so I look forward to immersing myself in my old favorites with additional info gleaned from the books.

rakusribut

tarot of the spirit

last week my 'old' tarot of the spirit dragged me back to it. omg what an amazing deck, i had forgotten about it but it has completely blown me away again, most of all pamela eakins' big fat guidebook.... wow!

velvetina

Coincidentally, it's the Aquarian for me too.

At the beginning of the year, I packed away the bulk of my Tarot collection (100+ decks) and kept out only half a dozen.

The Aquarian wasn't in that half-dozen, but literally pulled from the box as it was being placed in storage (quite dramatically actually - I was balancing up a ladder and feeling a bit anxious!).

And I've not really read with any other deck this year. I've always had an Aquarian Tarot, since 1985 and I think it was a deck I took for granted. I'd always thought it gorgeous, elegant, evocative but until it was about to vanish (albeit temporarily) I hadn't realised that it had a place in my heart.

And then I bought it in a tin (but confess a disappointment - don't much care for the new white borders or the new red tones).

The second contender is the Merlin Tarot. When I was selecting the 6 decks to keep me company, the Merlin was one that hopped into the selection. That High Priestess! Wow! I used it when it came out in a 'magical ritual' kind of way, but hadn't actually realised what a lovely reading deck it is. Except for those words. When I do a reading with it for a customer, I have to waste a minute or two explaining that the words aren't relevant. Luckily the beautiful Aquarian deck is far more enigmatic - in my opinion, one of the reasons it makes such a wonderful reading deck.

I save the Merlin for those customers who already understand the Tarot and don't necessarily need their hands holding during a reading.

silvereye

For me that would be the Steampunk Tarot