Ghetto Tarot Art Project

gregory

Thanks for noticing that! The cards look quite large.
They are. And it's a very fine deck. THe discussion got a bit heated - but I think it was OK, myself.

G6

Ugh, this deck again and that discussion. šŸ˜

Barleywine

I didn't notice how old this was when I posted it, and certainly didn't realize I would be rubbing salt in a wound! When I have time, I'll visit the previous thread to see what the fuss was about.

trzes

I didn't notice how old this was when I posted it, and certainly didn't realize I would be rubbing salt in a wound! When I have time, I'll visit the previous thread to see what the fuss was about.

Actually the fuss was much less about the deck itself, but rather about the title of it, and about whether or not the fact that a woman from Belgium led the making of a deck about haithian culture was an act of inadequate cultural appropriation. A curious dispute. Sadly the mods had to remove a fair number of posts.

I have the deck (disputed decks seem even more attractive to me) and I like it too, although it didn't quite match my expectations. Because of my lack of understanding of voodoo and such I can only see the simplified posing of RWS like scenes in some cards. My own bad of course as there is definitely more to the deck, as long as one is able to recognise it.

G6

Actually the fuss was much less about the deck itself, but rather about the title of it, and about whether or not the fact that a woman from Belgium led the making of a deck about haithian culture was an act of inadequate cultural appropriation. A curious dispute. Sadly the mods had to remove a fair number of posts.

I have the deck (disputed decks seem even more attractive to me) and I like it too, although it didn't quite match my expectations. Because of my lack of understanding of voodoo and such I can only see the simplified posing of RWS like scenes in some cards. My own bad of course as there is definitely more to the deck, as long as one is able to recognise it.

Curious dispute. Here we go again...

decan

Okay I see. Well, naively I believed (looking at this deck), that it was the creation of the people that we can see on the cards.
It's indeed a bit misleading.