Another eBay Copyright issue?

gregory

Anyone reported it yet ? someone was doing, the last time....

thorhammer

I saw a mob of "tarot card" magnets the other day, but didn't have time to investigate. I must sit down and see what's what . . .

\m/ Kat

ETA: I see cards from:
Thoth
Radiant Rider Waite
Morgan-Greer
Waking the Wild Spirit
Rider Waite
Doreen Virtue
Marilyn Manson

And there's this one; I recognise some of the cards, but can't put my finger on a name . . .

karen0205

thorhammer said:
ETA: I see cards from:
Thoth
Radiant Rider Waite

Hi kat,
I must ask, what does ETA stand for?

Here in the US, it stands for Estimated Time of Arrival so every time
I see you use ETA, I"m sure that's not what you meant!

Anam Cara

Karen, I think it means Edited To Add...
or something along those lines...;)
(Took me awhile to figure that one out too!)
:heart:cara

thorhammer

LOL, sorry, Karen! Yes, it does mean Estimate etc here, too, but in this context, Cara's right - it's Edited to Add.

Back on topic, how would one report these sellers? There's also a pendant thingy on there, as well, but I don't recognise the card involved.

\m/ Kat

Anam Cara

I really like the card with the image of a
merperson (can't tell if it's mermaid or merman
on my bitty lap top screen!) with (I think?)
the moon over his/her head?
Thorhammer, is that the card that you don't
know the deck it's from?
If anyone DOES know what deck that's from
I'd love to know!!

Guess there's an upside, albeit a very small one,
to copyright infringement...if collectors are
intrigued enough to search out the original decks.
Not justifying the practice!!! but I might end
up purchasing that deck (if I can figure out
which one it is!!)
:heart:cara

karenquilter

As I understand it (and I am not a lawyer), you have to defend your copyright yourself. The copyright registration gives you more legal firepower, but you have to engage a lawyer & file a motion to cease & desist in a court of law with your own money.

Small publishers find it expensive to vigorously protect their copyrights, and if you are selective in whom you go after, the court is less likely to rule in your favor.
K

Ange

And there's this one; I recognise some of the cards, but can't put my finger on a name . .

They look like cards from different decks to me.....the two black border ones might be from the same deck...

However, if it is someone who has just started to do this, then they may not realise that they are infringing copyright. It's so easily done if you are concentrating so hard on what you are doing.......you forget that bit. Like me with the Victorian Flower oracle on my website. I felt I'd best take reference of it off for a while until I figured out how to do links.....so I could put Babba Prague on there with a credit for the cards...

I wonder if it is someone really skint who has found pics of the decks and is just trying to make a bit extra, without knowing the ins and outs of it all....

Ang x