Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

nicky

rwcarter said:
Chiska,

The Pythagorean is on my "One day before I die I have to study these decks" list.... :D

Rodney

2_Journey said:
Me too! Chiska, I'll be interested to see how you find working with it.

me three...that website is fabulous too!

Chiska

Jyscal said:
I must say that im also really starting to enjoy my deck studies. I actually wake up in the morning, and cant wait to get started again, but then realise i have to go to work! Ill be going on night shift soon so at least ill have the house to myself during the day, so ill be able to spend time with my deck most of the day.

I am being good and waiting for my special hour that I can spend with the deck. It is hard to wait, but if I have taken care of my chores and my homework (why did I go back to college??Why??), I find I am more relaxed and receptive.

SolSionnach

Chiska said:
I am being good and waiting for my special hour that I can spend with the deck. It is hard to wait, but if I have taken care of my chores and my homework (why did I go back to college??Why??), I find I am more relaxed and receptive.
OTOH, I tend to flit from thing to thing, leaving the chores until the end... and then I wonder why I get nothing done.

Chiska, you are an inspiration! I went back to college too - but didn't learn such good habits there. :(

cherylleebest

Chiska said:

What a great approach. I need to aim for this too.

SistaSpirit

I would like to join the IDS group and restrick myself to the RWS. I have read with his deck and feel pretty good about my knowledge of it but I think i would feel even better if I worked intensely with it for a month. beginning 12 Feb to 13 March.

rwcarter

SistaSpirit,

Welcome aboard! I've updated the list to reflect your choice.

Rodney

Skimo

Hi,

My IDS is still going on with the Deviant Moon.

During a few weeks I have been drawing the Tower regularly, a warning... with the Hermit and the 10 of swords... quite scary cards.

But I have done a body mind spirit reading monday, and it was everything but negative (4 of Wands, The World and 6 of wands, this two minors being some of my favorite cards in the deck).

And yesterday, I had a really funny experience with my daily draw : the 6 of swords.
I hadn't planned to travel that day, and in fact have spent the day inside listening to a conference. But I almost laughed aloud when I realized that the amphitheater was painted like a boat... with a boat deck on the front wall filled with mariners and a whale hunting scene behind.

nicky

Skimo said:
And yesterday, I had a really funny experience with my daily draw : the 6 of swords.
I hadn't planned to travel that day, and in fact have spent the day inside listening to a conference. But I almost laughed aloud when I realized that the amphitheater was painted like a boat... with a boat deck on the front wall filled with mariners and a whale hunting scene behind.

That is hysterical! Rock on!

SistaSpirit

My IDS Pledge

I will try to spend at least one hour a day with my Rider-Waite Deck
I will do a daily draw
I will do a daily spread and post the results daily
I will try to keep notes on my sessions
I will only use Rider-Waite for Tarot Games
Starting tomorrow, I will only use the Rider-Waite Deck

rwcarter

Sista,

There are a couple of Daily Draws threads you should feel free to post in if you're interested:

Ride Waite Daily Draws
IDS 2008 Daily Draws (Even though it says 2008, you're welcome to post there or create a new IDS Daily thread if you like)

Rodney