Get "certified" - it's cheap! ; )

gregory

*cough* Someone will have to buy this thing on ebay. Someone's name will be attached to the paypal. We are on a hiding to nothing making up names. Sorry, guys.

Though we could put in that our PROFESSIONAL name is - well, anything we like... :D

nisaba

<hiding grin> Aisselle Gabegie sounds like a fine professional reader's name, to me. We shall insist that that's the name to be shown on the certificate, as it is the name we are widely known by to our clients and in our communities.

"Armpit Chaos". Lovely. Who wouldn't want a reading from them?

Le Fanu? Are you conscious? Am I doing the Majors or the Minors?

Le Fanu

Well it looks like the Majors. Minors are, I suppose, less fun than Majors. Are we supposed to go through them systematically?

If each section is 272 words, for us, nisaba, that's half of that each.

I genuinely have no idea whatsoever to write.

Cassandra022

I think the two of you could do 273 each, since photokat discovered its actually 3000 minimum, 5000 max

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Well it looks like the Majors. Minors are, I suppose, less fun than Majors. Are we supposed to go through them systematically?

If each section is 272 words, for us, nisaba, that's half of that each.

I genuinely have no idea whatsoever to write.
You can have the Majors. I'll play with the Minors. Get to work.

To help you with ideas: grab your most ridiculous deck. Then line them up in a row. Then make an absurd story out of them. Then call it a reading using majors only to demonstrate your knowledge. Or you could talk about how superior you are to any of the archetypes in the cards.

I have stuff to do, but I'll get onto the minors in the course of business.

photokat

I have unwillingly created a monster ....

LOL

nisaba

And we are all quite conspiratorial in making it remain a monster! I cannot think of a better group bonding exercise. I might take it to my meditation grou ... nah, they wouldn't understand. Well, one of 'em would, but ...

nisaba

The Minor Cards

The Minor cards are very important. There are more of them than there are of any of the other kinds of cards in the deck, which just shows their importance. In most decks you can look at the pictures on them and that will tell you what they mean, if you forget. You need to be really skillful if you want to use the decks around the place that don't have pictures on the minor cards.

Some of the Minor cards are people cards or court cards, and all you see on them is a person. Some readers think that they represent people who look like the ones in the cards. That can't work if you are reading in Asia where everyone has black hair or in Africa where everyone has black skins as well, so I have made up my own meanings for them. I will not share my own meanings here because they are a secret and I do not want them all over the internet.

The whole thing about Tarot is that it is about secrets. Tarot readers have secret knowledge that other people don't have. And we use that secret knowledge to find out other people's hidden secrets every single day. I don't want to tell you my court card secrets.

Basically, the cards run from Ace to Ten just like playing cards and have kings and queens, but Tarot has split the jacks up into knights and pages. The suits are named differently, too, hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds are pentacles, cups, swords and wands.

Each and every card has its own meanings which you have to learn.

Folks, as near as I can figure, that's 273 words. I had a hysterically funny time writing it. I deserve Tarot certification for that!

Caedryn

nisaba said:
The Minor cards are very important. There are more of them than there are of any of the other kinds of cards in the deck, which just shows their importance. In most decks you can look at the pictures on them and that will tell you what they mean, if you forget. You need to be really skillful if you want to use the decks around the place that don't have pictures on the minor cards.

Some of the Minor cards are people cards or court cards, and all you see on them is a person. Some readers think that they represent people who look like the ones in the cards. That can't work if you are reading in Asia where everyone has black hair or in Africa where everyone has black skins as well, so I have made up my own meanings for them. I will not share my own meanings here because they are a secret and I do not want them all over the internet.

The whole thing about Tarot is that it is about secrets. Tarot readers have secret knowledge that other people don't have. And we use that secret knowledge to find out other people's hidden secrets every single day. I don't want to tell you my court card secrets.

Basically, the cards run from Ace to Ten just like playing cards and have kings and queens, but Tarot has split the jacks up into knights and pages. The suits are named differently, too, hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds are pentacles, cups, swords and wands.

Each and every card has its own meanings which you have to learn.

Folks, as near as I can figure, that's 273 words. I had a hysterically funny time writing it. I deserve Tarot certification for that!

Puts finger to lips...Shhhhh....Nisaba doesn't know her secret has been leaked out already!

~ C

Lillie

This whole thing is cracking me up.

It's very funny.