Abstinence check-in?

Carla

Is there somewhere where people who vow not to buy any more decks can meet up? I need a support group. I'm serious! Anybody want to abstain--but need a buddy?

Eyebright

Haha I totally need this Carla!! I keep splurging and when I am trying so hard to save money for a deposit for a house... it's not good. Then there's xmas I need to start saving for....eep!

NikkiB

I've made my friend change my paypal and amazon passwords to try and control me!!!!

cardlady22

:laugh: I keep telling myself "after this last Trading transaction" I will mark it to be blocked. But, I've almost reached my initial sending limit with Paypal & I will not attach a bank account to it. Hopefully, that will do it.

gregory

We tried this once before. We told each other what we weren't buying. Then someone else would look it up and go buy it instead... It was worse than going it alone. I think the thread was called Addicts Anon or something.

My bank account isn't attached to paypal. Fat lot of good that did me....

Manda

:laugh: I keep telling myself "after this last Trading transaction" I will mark it to be blocked. But, I've almost reached my initial sending limit with Paypal & I will not attach a bank account to it. Hopefully, that will do it.

I am almost there too! I wonder if that will slow me down... Probably not because The Man has a PayPal account that IS linked... And that I know the password to.

The only way it would work for me is if no one ever said the name of any deck, because every time one of you lot mentions something I don't have, like a week late I do. :D

cardlady22

But . . . won't it help if I'm not on the Trading forum watching for decks that my lovely AT pals have mentioned lusting after? })

Vesper

I was really good for a long time when I didn't have access to the Trading Forum... Oh, wait, no I wasn't. I could still read about decks and then buy them on Amazon...

But I haven't bought a deck in several months. I think it helps to just remember how many I have. And how many of those were a two-day wonder, only to be put away and never thought of again.

I support you, Carla. You can get out of the habit of thinking the next new deck = happiness and fulfillment. Some people find it helpful to do an IDS with just one deck for several weeks.

Muir Aingeal

I've been thinking about this. Instead of AA I think there needs to be DA 'deck anonymous' I just purchased the Gaian and now I feel I need the Archeon for some silly reason. It's all really nonsensical when I like to keep a limit of under 30 decks in my collection.

You need to head to the denabling thread whenever the thought of purchasing a new deck enters your mind. I'm one to talk when I run straight over to the enabling thread instead :laugh:

jaj

I've been thinking about this. Instead of AA I think there needs to be DA 'deck anonymous' ...
You realize of course that you are begging us to come up with 12 steps for 'Deck Anonymous':)