Tuck boxes - USG vs LoS

greatdane

Hadn't thought of this really

The decks I use the most are the Pamela Commemorative (which came plastic wrapped, not in a regular deck box, as those of you who have it know) and the Anna. K. Both are kept in cases. I only keep a couple decks in their boxes as I find deck boxes in general kind of annoying if you use the deck much at all. The LoS boxes do seem a bit looser to me though. I had a mini Secret and wasn't that hard to get the cards in and out.

Red_Ocean

Llewellyn tuck boxes are horrible.

Le Fanu

How interesting that "Llewellyn don't listen". That speaks volumes. And explains a lot.

LoS boxes are mini masterpieces of design. Such a simple thing but perfect for a deck. Even if tight, that lack-of-flap at the bottom means you never have to worry about any card creasing.

I do like those two part lift-off lid boxes. Like the Tarot of the Sidhe. When a deck comes in a box like this (and like the Urania-Verlag Thoth which feels like a marzipan choclate box), I use that to keep the cards in. I keep my most used LoS decks in box AND bag (if travelling).

That flap aside, I've never had problems with U.S Games boxes (except their edition of the Royal Fez Moroccan). I just put the title card uppermost so if anything gets squashed/folded, it's that. Oh but I hate Premier Edition boxes.

LoS boxes are the best. :thumbsup:

tarot heart

You just had to say 'marzipan' didn't you? :laugh:

BTW, US Games boxes have changes. No more squished or dented cards or LWBs! Check out the new boxes for Joie de Vivre, Crystal Vision and Cat's Eye Tarots!

The new problem is that Amazon doesn't pack too well all the time so the boxes arrive sort of squashed and dented. Ah well, lose one problem, gain another....:(

Le Fanu

BTW, US Games boxes have changes. No more squished or dented cards or LWBs! Check out the new boxes for Joie de Vivre...:(
ooh! Now you have me curious! I have this on the way. Now to wait and see!

gregory

Is this just their new bigger boxes with the deck in a box in a well inside to minimise shoplifting ?

Elendil

The new Schiffer boxes are great. Sturdy with a flip up lid and magnetic catch. They fit the deck and the (same sized) accompanying book perfectly. On the downside (for some) the decks are highly laminated in plastic. [Tarot Leaves and Today's Journey Tarot are 'good' examples].

gregory

The new Schiffer boxes are great. Sturdy with a flip up lid and magnetic catch. They fit the deck and the (same sized) accompanying book perfectly. On the downside (for some) the decks are highly laminated in plastic. [Tarot Leaves and Today's Journey Tarot are 'good' examples].

Hm. Are they QUITE different from their one for Sol Invictus, which is one of the VILEST boxes I own ?