This is strange i know

louiseb

I collected a list of various spreads and as well as threads here on AT about this subject:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2403595&postcount=12

I found them very helpful and I did a reading once about my late father, which I talk about it one of those threads. Good luck!

Glass owl these are very good spreads and i will defiantly try a few out. Im amazed on just how many spreads there are for a subject i thought wasnt possible lol.
Thank you so much for these.
Louise

louiseb

I actually created a deck just to make it easier for me to do this.

So, I would say, yes...it's very possible.

Strange is when you have strangers ask you to do this. I thought it was only slightly successful, as I didn't really know anything about the person who had died...but the clients were very very pleased.

Oh wow you actually created a deck how did you do this or is this a secret best kept to ones self lol. Thanks for the confirmation though at least i now know it is possible.
Louise

Zephyros

You don't need Tarot at all to do this; I talk to my dead grandmother all the time (it`s a one-sided conversation, she doesn't seem to have a lot to say these days) but Tarot could be a way of having a two-way conversation, albeit a limited one. Try it, there`s nothing to lose.

louiseb

I have done both organized spreads and 3 card advice draws to talk to my Dad. Hold the departed person's image in your heart while you shuffle and ask them kindly if they wouldn't mind coming around to give you some advice. It works.

Thats a good thought to hold my grans image in my heart i never thought of this, thanks to all you guys i am learning more about this method.
Thank you so much for this advice.
Louise

louiseb

You don't need Tarot at all to do this; I talk to my dead grandmother all the time (it`s a one-sided conversation, she doesn't seem to have a lot to say these days) but Tarot could be a way of having a two-way conversation, albeit a limited one. Try it, there`s nothing to lose.

Lol i do talk to my gran all the time especially when i need advice, i laugh because my gran too doesnt say much neither dead or alive, so we are both on the same level on this one. I thought if my mum wanted to find out anything the cards would be a great way to show that gran is still up there (hopefully) watching over us.
Louise

louiseb

Absolutely. Especially if you need to know that badly, the powers that send us the answers though the cards, will want to get you that information just as much.
never underestimate the powers of the tarot cards hey, funny my gran was a reader and its only this few years that i re-entered into tarot, i didnt really want to get back into it, maybe this is my grans way of communicating with us all.

Not only can you ask about someone who has passed over, but in my experience you can often talk directly to them trhuogh the cards. I tend to personally ask that my answers come from my angels (all this depends on your belief system). But I could ask in one particular reading if it could be my aunt who has passed on who could answer me instead. I could even ask first a yes or no question to see if they are willing. if I got a yes, I would proceed to ask them questions personally.
oh this is interesting, if i knew who my angels were i would defiantly use them but i dont know who is watching over me, and seeing as i am not good doing readings for myself i dont know how accurate the information would be. Something i will look into and try out.

That happened to me once accidentally. I was reading for male freind. It was a meditation reading.( one of those readingsi where you "enter the card" and talk to the characters in it)
oh this just gets better lol how do you talk to the characters? How does one enter the deck.

I did know that my friend missed his mother and two sisters who had passed over and he was asking about them...I got a card with an image of 3 woman in it and they pretty much told me it was them. We had a pretty nice chat actually. They were very kind and caring.
oh how wonderful you have this talent and can actually use it to help others, oh boy that is so wonderful. I wish i had this talent I never knew my dad he died at 39 but i always wondered what he thought of me.

Also you can do readings on your own past lives, if that interests you. Those tend to be fascinating as well.
i have often wondered about past life's, but i have never had the skill to do such a large reading, well not the skill i dont have the patience lol

Babs thanks for these ideas and views and please keep in touch i would love to learn more.
Louise

Babs[/QUOTE]

Thoughtful

Louise what a great thread! l had never thought of doing a spread for those who have gone before us.
Judging by all the replies here it seems to work so l will definitely give this a try. Often l talk to my loved ones and hope they hear me, this will allow me hopefully to have a two- way converation. l am really looking forward to communicating.

celticnoodle

great answer, closrapexa!

Louise what a great thread! l had never thought of doing a spread for those who have gone before us.
Judging by all the replies here it seems to work so l will definitely give this a try. Often l talk to my loved ones and hope they hear me, this will allow me hopefully to have a two- way converation. l am really looking forward to communicating.

Oh my, yes, it does work. trust me!

I am a psychic-medium, and after I do a reading for a client on one of their deceasead loved ones, I always tell them how to communicate with their loved ones on the other side. I can't stress this enough--Your loved ones are ALWAYS with you. You may not realize this, because you don't know how to 'sense' them. But, trust me, they are with you. They don't stop loving you because they have moved on. They want you to know they are with you and they love you and they want to help you and can in most things even if they are in the light.

Talking to them is a great way to start a conversation with them. Then, be aware of things. You may smell your grandmothers favorite perfume, or your father's cigarette smoking, even though you have neither in your home. Perhaps you'll begin to get little gifts, (my dad for a long time was leaving quarters around outside - especially right at my doorstep. I'd come home from shopping and on my way into the house, I'd see this quarter clearly at the door--though it was not there when I left).

We have pictures hanging and sitting out all through our home of our loved ones, both living and deceased. We talk to them frequently-especially every time I dust the house. As I past by their pictures, I talk to them as if they were in the room with me. I tell them about my day and what is going on in the lives of our loved ones. I ask for their help when I need it. I will often go right to a picture of them and ask them directly to help me. Then, I pay attention, as help will most likely come.

My mother once asked her deceased parents for help in a situation involving my sister. It was a dire time in my sisters life, and we were all so frantic for her. My mother soon got her answer, while cleaning her house. She opened her bedroom door to vacuum there and right on the floor of her bedroom was her mothers prayer book with a note that had apparently fallen out of the book, written in my grandmothers hand. It had at the top, "A prayer never found to fail" and then a short 4 line prayer. Mom instantly c. each of us kids to make us write down this prayer, and told us to say it many times a day, (which we all did), for my sister. Our prayers were answered, and my sister made out okay and mom (and pretty much all of us in the family) know it was due to the intervention of our deceased loving grandmother. :) That prayer book had not been open probably since my gm death decades earlier-and mom kept it inside a shoe box that was also tucked inside a desk drawer, with lots of other things that had belonged to gm.

So, that is just one story of how our loved ones communicate to us. Not all of them will put their books or anything out for you to find--but just be aware. They will send you signs that they are around. Talk to them and wait.

If you are in a hurry though, and can't wait--use a tool to talk to them immediately. tarot cards are only one such tool. Meditation another and of course many more too. Remember also that you don't need to use a spread. You can just ask a question and lay out a few cards or one. It'll work.

Thoughtful

Celticnoodle, thats lovely you have explained it all so well.

After reading the earlier posts l went away and asked both my mum and dad some questions using my tarot to see if l would get replies that made sense to me. l was quite amazed at what came up. l just asked the question then laid 3 cards down wondering if it would work for me. The answers were so how they would have spoken to me face to face, and the way the cards presented themselves was in essence full of their love and care. That was quite an incredible journey.

louiseb

than you for your kind words. Sometimes i wonder about certain things in the tarot field if it can be done, but often i think posting a question will make me look silly or its something one should already know. How mistaken i was with lovely helpful people on this forum nothing is looked upon as silly, and as you can see from the responce support and advice is always available.
thanks louise