List of tarot myths

MysticalMoose

le fey said:
I think AT needs to sell T-shirts that say "Deck-Crazed Miscreant"

I want one! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Grizabella

Raya said:
And what if your tupperware absorbs the negative energy??? Does anyone have any good tupperware cleansing methods? Soap and holy water?

Well, actually----you have to dunk it in the toilet while flushing 10 times. You must then run it through the dishwater to sterilize it from all the yukkies it picks up from the toilet. Then wrap it in black silk and hide it in the linen closet where nobody can ever use it again for anything but getting rid of negative energy in tarot decks.

le fey said:
so negative energy is composed of tomato sauce? That's the only thing I know of that tupperware absorbs and won't let go of.

Uhhhhh-----yes! You didn't KNOW that???

:p

violette

Elly Magritte said:
The Death card always means death.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this one. I drew the death card as my card of the day and my friend almost had a heart attack when I told her. ;)

Nevermore

violette said:
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this one. I drew the death card as my card of the day and my friend almost had a heart attack when I told her. ;)
Hmm. You should say very calmly:
"Oh! The death card. Love the art on this one.
Okay.
The meaning is that you will die.
........ Eventually! (burst out laughing, then suddenly stop and look worried) Unless you've been BITTEN???"

phoenixblu

Nevermore said:
Hmm. You should say very calmly:
"Oh! The death card. Love the art on this one.
Okay.
The meaning is that you will die.
........ Eventually! (burst out laughing, then suddenly stop and look worried) Unless you've been BITTEN???"

this would be better if you've mastered that evil manic laugh.... i wonder if a head scarf and gypsy hoops would add to the fear of the "death card"

this thread is hilarious...

annabubble

Fudugazi said:
But gravity is significant, no?

(actually, in my case I think it's clumsiness at work :D)

I know this thread is pretty old but had to mention that as soon as I read this I thought of my sister.

I once told her to let me see if she dropped a card whilst shuffling and now every time she does (which, may I point out, is about fifteen times per shuffle) she stops and looks at me until i tell her what it means and put it back into the deck. :rolleyes:

Sebavin

That you can curse someone by reading their cards.

Oh, and I want a tshirt too! :D:D:D

Aerin

You must NEVER EVER put your cards directly onto a wooden table.
(that's me finished then...)

There is One True authority (*INSERT NAME HERE*) on the Tarot and everything they say is right. Just believe it, OK?

If you read a book to help you learn Tarot you are clearly a complete failure and will never be able to learn properly.

You must be an authority on *INSERT ESOTERIC SYSTEM HERE* or else you aren't reading the cards properly.

Aerin

morticia monroe

If you read tarot you are cursed, and all your children will be born naked. :)

I've heard and read so many ridiculous things it's unreal. I don't remember who said it here, but someone mentioned that many folks who have a warning usually have a story about how they touched a deck and terrible things happened or how their psychic ability was so strong that it was horribly frightening and they'll NEVER touch the cards again, etc.

Attention seekers, IMO.

Baroli

Morticia Monroe said:
',.....and all your children will be born naked.'

Ahhhh, aren't children usually born naked?? :D