List of tarot myths

Grizabella

Baroli said:
Ahhhh, aren't children usually born naked?? :D

No, mine were all born wearing gypsy attire. It was a foreshadowing. The coin jewelry coming through the birth canal was a b****! :bugeyed:

morticia monroe

Baroli said:
Ahhhh, aren't children usually born naked?? :D

Just a poke at how ridiculous these myths and superstitions can be...:) But I could have sworn my daughter came out with makeup on...her little lips, coal black lashes, rosy cheeks. The first words from any woman who saw her were how beautiful and perfect her eyebrows were, LOL. Strange.
She was really a beautiful baby.

I think the biggest tarot myth is probaby the one about the Death card.

re-pete-a

a religous group came to the door ,saw the cards and shook the good book so hard all the saints and sinners mentioned in there were sooooo mixed up,it would take another 2000+ to sort the goodies and the badies out again....They were simply told to check out how the book was constructed in the first place,,,,so n so heard,,, ,saw,,,,,prophesied,,, etc,,,etc,,,,,,,,but they were the goodies ,,,,,,,,,wasn't it the goodies that nailed that seer?????just like now????
so what's changed???................eerrrr goodbye.!!!!!...perhaps later the light will come on for them too..........
________
Cheap silver airsoft spring pistol m757s

rabidwolfie

I didn't see this one, but I've read AND heard it more than once. Silly me, I believed it at some point in time.

You are only ABLE to give a MEANINGFUL reading about once per month & should not do so otherwise except for practice.

I think we've all been doing quite a bit of practice, eh?

thorhammer

rabidwolfie said:
I didn't see this one, but I've read AND heard it more than once. Silly me, I believed it at some point in time.

You are only ABLE to give a MEANINGFUL reading about once per month & should not do so otherwise except for practice.

I think we've all been doing quite a bit of practice, eh?
Something along these lines, as well as quite a few other gems, features in the companion book to the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards. Don't get me wrong, I like the cards a lot, and the book is, of course, very helpful, but the do's and don'ts are just messed up!

- DON'T read cards on a Sunday
- DON'T read for money

along with lots of other guff. I was very disappointed with this side of the book.

\m/ Kat

rabidwolfie

I almost forgot... I recently had a fun time with a guy who was told that due to some ritual his mother did to him as a baby (no clue what it is) he was immune to tarot readings. When he tried to get one done, the person said he would never have a reading finished with him & if it was, that person was lying.

Weeeeeyyyyyyyaaaaaallllll.........

I guess it took a non-believer, because I have since done SEVERAL readings on him, all with VERY accurate results. And I have not lied once. Not even a white one. :D

I laugh every time I think back on that one.

mac22

Never read on a Sunday or a holy day or the Saints will make sure you die.

Mac22

Major Tom

The Dreamer said:
It is impossible to read Tarot accurately/effectively/usefully for one's self

I seem to run into this one all the time. The last time I was out in my tarot reading tent a couple came in to speak to me. After exchanging pleasantries they told me that they read the cards for each other, so weren't going to buy one from me, and I told them that was a nice thing to do - read for each other. As they turned to leave the woman said, "We read for each other because you can't read for yourself".

I said, "That isn't true, I read for myself all the time".

The woman said, "Everyone knows you can't read for yourself!"

Me: "That isn't true. I know many people who read for themselves. It's a myth that you can't read tarot for yourself".

The woman: "Everyone knows you can't read for yourself!" And turned and walked away.

As the couple strolled away I heard the woman say to the man, "He can't know very much about tarot."

LOL! :laugh:

morticia monroe said:
If you read tarot you are cursed, and all your children will be born naked.

The way I heard this one was: If God meant us all to run around naked we'd have been born without any clothes on. ;)

Ligator

Well... What is the origin of the idea that one cannot read for one self? Are there anyone that defends this opinion among you?

By the way. About not leting others touch your deck. Seems to be difficult to apply. The cards are normally made somewhere with other people involved in the process of making the deck...

So not letting others touch it would avoiding tarot totally.

:eek:)

/T

rabidwolfie

I defend the "You can never read for yourself" myth only insofar as it can sometimes, actually often, be very difficult to read accuratly for yourself because of bias. I know I personally have trouble reading for myself because my subcontious keeps trying to throw in things that aren't there if I hope for another message. Or sometimes will bend the meaning of a card. I try not to do it, but it's not easy for me. But obviously I haven't died yet or gone blind. As for the state of my mental health, I was already crazy long before I discovered tarot.