Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Soothsayer

Oops! My mistake. :)

Briar Rose

I left a slight border aound Vargo's Gothic Tarot. I think I want to get a sharper pair is scissors and trim the borders off completely and but leave the names.

Attachments

• Gothic deck trimmed.jpg
    Gothic deck trimmed.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 700

MysticalMoose

I love Vargo's Gothic, it looks great:)

Astraea Aurora

I like it too. Very delicate. Well done, HeavensVault!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Silverlyn

Hmm, also never thought of trimming Vargo Gothic, either!

(Recently trimmed my druidcraft, no borders at all, but left titles. Also left the corners square since I don't have a way to round them, and have heard of some trimming their Robin Wood, so may do that.and leave the corners square on it, too).

Edited to add: Ok, I saw the pics of rounded corners put on your trimmed cards, they look soooo pretty! How much does a card-rounder machine cost and is it hard to get it to look neat?

I think I WILL trim my Vargo! I'll probably use them more, that way, but I'm gonna trim their borders completely off...

And nice pics, all of you! Could you post more before and after pics, perhaps?

Silverlyn

PS: I'll post my pics of druidcraft and when I finish my RW and Vargo, etc. too:)

thorhammer

Silverlyn, corner rounders are cheap - but don't last all that long. Maybe three decks before they start making the edges raggedy? I think I paid about $AU10 for mine. Well worth it, seriously. And worth the trouble of tracking down one with a really small corner, rather than a large, wide one.

\m/ Kat

Briar Rose

Thank you. I thought the pictures would pop and they did. It's a forever deck so I took the trimming plunge. I am glad I did.

Floss

thorhammer said:
Silverlyn, corner rounders are cheap - but don't last all that long. Maybe three decks before they start making the edges raggedy? I think I paid about $AU10 for mine. Well worth it, seriously. And worth the trouble of tracking down one with a really small corner, rather than a large, wide one.

\m/ Kat

Thorhammer, excuse my density!!?? WHAT is a corner-rounder?? (I'm in Aus BTW)

I'm amazed at how good some of these decks look trimmed. It's incredible how much difference it makes - I get the feeling quite easily looking at some of the images that you're IN the card rather than at a 'distance'. Fantastic. Will get my scissors out - and my corner rounder when I find one!!?? ;)

Briar Rose

When I get a corner trimmer I am going to cut the borders off completly.

AJ

In the US any craft store or scrapbooking store has corner punches for 4 or 5 dollars. I've done lots of decks and mine is still going strong.
In this thread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=93057&highlight=corner+rounder
I uploaded a photo of one, and there is also a link to a commercial site with one.

It is like stapling a couple of sheets of paper with a stapler, same sort of 'insert and stomp' motion.