Share pictures of your crystals here!

Adriana

perhaps your amethyst is too strong for it to be directly under your pillow? I wouldn't put my pieces under my pillow that are like yours--simply due to its physical form. all those lumps! no wonder you had nightmares! :laugh:

interesting that it reminds you of killer whales! I'm not familiar with stilbite or gyrolite. I'll have to read up on them too.

That made me laugh :D Sleeping with that huge bumpy amethyst under the pillow would undoubtly give harsh dreams and a quite an interesting hairstyle in the morning lol.The one Ive had under pillow is much smaller. It actually has something that looks like moss on it. But this baby gives me nightmares! It has strong energies lol

Also the other a bit big and white crystal in the photo is definately a gyrolite ball on top, I saw another sample in the shop I was in, and it was indentical, the lady said it was gyrolite.

It turns out that the black and white "killer whale" looking one is flint (not sure thats the english name for it), and not calcite. I took a break from crystals etc for like 10 years almost, so its hard to remember all their names again :D
But today at crystal shop I saw the real zebra calcite, and I regret not buying it. It was sooo lovely, but got blue calcite though. Also turns out I have a mangano (pinkish) calcite from before.

I also got orange selenite today, I fell so hard for it when I seen it. Also a chrystantemum (black with white patterns) stone Ive never heard of before, I just had to have it lol
And a medium piece of pyrite of all things.

Papa Tango

But I cant figure out how to add an attachment. I read the FAQ, but I do not get the option to add attachment. Does anyone know how to do it? Sorry for asking here

Adriana, glad you figured out how to use an external photo server to put up your pics--a nice collection for sure! :cool2:

The reason you cannot directly post attachments via the forum is that feature requires you to be a paid subscriber to AT. If one subscribes, they get a few bonus features--plus the little star you see next to their names. See here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/payments.php

Philippe

Interesting thread !

My labradorite, the woman who sold it to me pretended it was a protection stone. I love how the blue plays with the light

Labra 1 by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

Adriana

Adriana, glad you figured out how to use an external photo server to put up your pics--a nice collection for sure! :cool2:

The reason you cannot directly post attachments via the forum is that feature requires you to be a paid subscriber to AT. If one subscribes, they get a few bonus features--plus the little star you see next to their names. See here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/payments.php

Thank you :)
And yes, I was informed about the subscription, which I will look more into :)

Interesting thread !

My labradorite, the woman who sold it to me pretended it was a protection stone. I love how the blue plays with the light

Aww, what a fine labradorite you got there! It has some extremely beautiful lightplay in it,
and that blue color is amazing. Thanks for posting!
Ive also heard its a good stone for protection.

Redfaery

@philippe labradorite is one of my favorite stones. Yours is so beautiful, I actually gasped when I saw it.

singerofpeace

Labradorite :)

LOVE. I just picked up a couple of new, rough and mostly-rough pieces, but here are my older ones, polished front and unpolished back:

The top-right one looks a lot more purple in person, for some reason the picture brought out all of the red-oranges and little of the purple. The other one has a little more in the way of greens and yellow-oranges, but besides that the picture is reasonably true to color. They are hard to do justice to with photos! I NEED to take some pictures of my new ones, I just adore them, but I do love my tried and true oldies but goodies :)

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 145

Adriana

Singerofpeace, that are gorgeous labradorites. Incredible that a stone can bring out so many assosiactions.. Autumn, sea, nature, leaves, butterflies, outer space, disco balls lol
But i haven't seen any of that size, are they expensive?

singerofpeace

Singerofpeace, that are gorgeous labradorites. Incredible that a stone can bring out so many assosiactions.. Autumn, sea, nature, leaves, butterflies, outer space, disco balls lol
But i haven't seen any of that size, are they expensive?

The more bluish one, I picked up years ago for $5 from a vendor at a Pagan Pride Day in CNY, no joke. I love them... Every year I find something I ADORE at their booth, and not only are they super reasonable, now they even give me extra discounts. Last year I got a piece of astonishing fluorite from the Hunan Province, for less than $20. My other lab in the picture was a little more, I paid for the purple color, but I think it was still only $18.

I just picked up a MUCH bigger piece in AZ at some random shop near the Grand Canyon, polished on one side (but I may like the rough side even more), and it was also $18. Shop around, you can find really good deals! It's better to look at rock shops and gem shows than metaphysical stores for that, though, I find.

celticnoodle

Interesting thread !

Labra 1 by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

WOW! that labradorite is gorgeous, Philippe! That is also one of my fave stones. I have one or two of them around here too.

It is a protective crystal, so the woman who sold it to you is correct. At least, I have always read and heard it was. Its also good for developing your psychic abilities. A beautiful stone. :)

celticnoodle

LOVE. I just picked up a couple of new, rough and mostly-rough pieces, but here are my older ones, polished front and unpolished back:

The top-right one looks a lot more purple in person, for some reason the picture brought out all of the red-oranges and little of the purple. The other one has a little more in the way of greens and yellow-oranges, but besides that the picture is reasonably true to color. They are hard to do justice to with photos! I NEED to take some pictures of my new ones, I just adore them, but I do love my tried and true oldies but goodies :)

oh wow! gorgeous--both of them. I don't know that I've ever seen the red-orange laboradite anywhere before. I love it!

The more bluish one, I picked up years ago for $5 from a vendor at a Pagan Pride Day in CNY, no joke. I love them... Every year I find something I ADORE at their booth, and not only are they super reasonable, now they even give me extra discounts. Last year I got a piece of astonishing fluorite from the Hunan Province, for less than $20. My other lab in the picture was a little more, I paid for the purple color, but I think it was still only $18.

oooh, by chance would that be in the Syracuse, NY area? I recall seeing the Pagan Pride Day advertised I think...its sometime in September this year, I believe. I'd LOVE to go to it, sometime.

I just picked up a MUCH bigger piece in AZ at some random shop near the Grand Canyon, polished on one side (but I may like the rough side even more), and it was also $18. Shop around, you can find really good deals! It's better to look at rock shops and gem shows than metaphysical stores for that, though, I find.

oh! The hubby & I are headed back to AZ in March 2017 again. I can't wait! I LOVE AZ - (in the early spring, late fall or winter time that is.... :laugh:) We are headed this time to Sedona, Jerome and taking a few days to visit the Grand Canyon too. Now, I know when you were in Tucson this year---you went to that one gem shop I mentioned...but if you know of any other great gem shops in the areas we're going to in 2017, please do share!!! :D Thank you!