Communication Cards

CosmicBeing

Okay, in this deck the Whip is Cat o' Three Tails (looks like a whip). Good to know it's passionate convo/actions, thanks!

Messenger too for you or no?

Rider Which is probably titled messenger for you is to me just News coming your way. It doesn't indicate a conversation will happen...just some form of news comes to you..this can be news through the grape vine, news that you discover from seeing someone's post online, just purely News.

So I wouldn't truly see it as conversation/communication.. I just see it as new information.

the cards around it or if you are doing a GT will tell you how you may discover the news.

Hope I communicated that well.

Teheuti

Rider - news (delivery or arrival is emphasized)
Letter - written communications
Birds - oral communications

Stork and Mice are not directly about news or communications.

Directionality varies from deck-to-deck and so should be used with caution—or make a clear intention for how you will use each direction cue - understanding that it may be different from how others read Lenormand.

Added: Book - communications held back, i.e., secrets; but also actual books and learning (so knowledge communicated or not communicated).

G6

Added: Book - communications held back, i.e., secrets; but also actual books and learning (so knowledge communicated or not communicated).

In Burning Serpent they have the Key that means secrets. Is that one in regular lenormand?

Teheuti

In Burning Serpent they have the Key that means secrets. Is that one in regular lenormand?
Originally Key meant the success [near] or failure [far] of a plan. Today it tends to mean "Yes." It can also show a problem on its left and a solution on its right. The Burning Serpent is a non-standard deck although it can be used in a standard way if you ignore many of its details (but then you lose out on many of its deliberate references).