Man and Woman cards

mysticsphere

Okay, i know in lenormand, traditionally the Man and Lady cards just represent a man and woman, often times the querent; however, what do you do if they come up in readings that have nothing to do with other people (or the querent)?

Say, i do a reading on somebody's health, and the client is a man, and the Lady card comes up as the center card in a 9 spread--how on earth do you interpret that in a useful way?

I guess my question is, given context, what can the Man and Lady cards imply when "other people" aren't really an issue.

Cacia

Hello Mystic

I guess depends on the surrounding cards they will give you a hint of who they are talking about. For example in a job reading if a woman appears in the center and you guys talking about work, work cards (anchor, fox etc) this can be his boss or her boss.

So, you have to pay attention to the cards around; it could be a sister or wife.

Lee

I've noticed that authors/teachers can differ on whether they see man/woman cards as possibly describing aspects of people or situations, or strictly as "counters" i.e. "a man" or "a woman."

Even if one goes by the strict interpretation, we still have some leeway. For instance, in a health reading, the woman might refer to a health factor/problem that is genetic, having been passed from the mother.

mysticsphere

thank you cacia and lee for your responses. I agree with you Cacia, it seems like you have to take other cards into consideration.

@Lee, that is a very innovative way of looking at MAN and LADY cards, i like that a lot. Atm, i am trying to learn a traditional way of reading the cards first, so i am trying my best to keep to the original interpretations before i start adding my own two cents, so to speak. That's a great start, i'm starting to see how these 2 cards can be interpreted in a different way without losing their original meaning.