why can't i read myself accurately?

flattypatty

when i pull cards for friends or even random strangers online, i can read them way more accurately than when i pull cards for myself. why is that? and it's not just about me being biased as to the interpretation of my cards... i am trying to do daily 3-card draws and i'd pick letter - sun - fox for example, and i'd expect to receive some for of message/letter or even write one... but nothing! :( what can i do to be able to pull accurate cards for myself?

Village Witch

I find I have the same problem, Flattypatty. It seems my daily draws are always about someone else in the family. There always seems to be so much drama going on in the lives of those around me, that I cannot escape being affected by it. So perhaps when THEIR drama shows up in MY reads, it is simply because I cannot escape being in the middle of it.

I do find it hard to allow the cards to show me what truly is and not what is constantly on my mind. It seems I am always searching the cards for what I want to see even though I try hard not to do so. *sigh*

ana luisa

It is SUPER hard to read for yourself if you cannot keep an "emotional distance". I know I can't :) What I usually do is read at the end of the day. That way, what had to pass has already passed and I manage to interpret the cards more easily and practice more without the tension of picking a coffin or cross card in the morning !

flattypatty

but i want to know my future, not my past, lol. is there absolutely no way around this?

Village Witch

but i want to know my future, not my past, lol. is there absolutely no way around this?

What you said was is that you are trying to do a three-card daily read. Daily reads translate to the theme of the day and according to author Rana George, the cards are read with a very subtle tone. In other words, if you drew the Garden + Snake, it could translate to something so simple as being bitten by a mosquito while outside. My daily reads have no question/subject attached to them other than the theme of the day.

If you want to know the future, I would decide on a time frame, decide on how many cards to draw, and ask a specific question before drawing the cards. I take the time to ground and clear with a few deep breaths and call on my guides and ancestors to aid and assist me in reading the cards.

flattypatty

yeah i know that it can be literal, i've read half of rana george's book. even if i do a simple reading for the following week, still no accuracy. i have not been meditating though. you're right i should probably try that.

Water Lady

my problem for the last month has been allergies, just can not get a head straight enough to read for myself,
I do get clear enough during the day that I can pull cards for others, but not for me.

Ica'rus

I find Lenormand exceptionally hard to read for myself. I think it is better suited to readings where you don't know as much. This is my personal opinion but i've found that knowing less, makes finding the result of the spread less subjective and you can maintain context of the question much easier. Tarot is more introspective to me, and better suited to reading for ones self than Lenormand.

I have found anyways, readings that I do for myself are much more shallow in meaning than what I can think of when I read for others.

MissNine

Kind of like giving yourself a review of your work performance. It's not objective. When I read for myself, sometimes I know what the cards are spelling out, but it's hard for me to listen.

Seaqueen

when i pull cards for friends or even random strangers online, i can read them way more accurately than when i pull cards for myself. why is that? and it's not just about me being biased as to the interpretation of my cards... i am trying to do daily 3-card draws and i'd pick letter - sun - fox for example, and i'd expect to receive some for of message/letter or even write one... but nothing! :( what can i do to be able to pull accurate cards for myself?
If I might suggest when doing 3 card draws for oneself that you study the day's events the next day to see what may or may not have happened. This is how you will learn to read for yourself. Trial and error. Also, the cards will become very personal to you.

Also, understanding the Lenormand cards is important as well as choosing the correct meaning for each card when in a layout. Sometimes 3 cards mean only 1 theme/topic and other times they would describe something which might occur that day.

Daily draws are not necessarily huge events they are usually minor everyday things. Sun could just mean nothing went wrong that day or you were is a good mood. The odd time a trio of cards can predict something more significant.

What I would suggest is that you ask the cards for guidance on the day of the draw. If you ask a question while shuffling then it is a Reading not considered a daily draw.