An old Marseilles that I would compare

Cerulean

to all others in terms of value...

Solesio, F.F.
Tarocchi.
18th century. 78 tarot cards, comprising 22 major arcana and 56 minor arcana cards. All printed on 18th-century Italian watermarked paper, laid onto blue and white checkered back stamped "cartolina." Each card colored by hand as issued. Kaplan II, 322. A rare complete deck with fresh colors in pristine condition. Bookseller Inventory #1758
Price: US$ 4500.00 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Rodger Friedman Rare Book Studio, ABAA, Tuxedo, NY, U.S.A. (Search this Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

By the way, Kaplan does list it in Volume II and the black and white pictures look similar.

If you check abebooks.com, you can see the images. Pictures from a similar 52 card deck appears

http://www.gambler.ru/sukhty/decks05/d02065/d02065.htm

From someone not rich, but still amazed and appreciative at all the older decks designs...makes one think that there are many other ones out there. I'm grateful for affordable reprints!

Mari H.

Macavity

Heheh. I don't think I will become a millionaire with MY repros :D

BUT I have noticed that even one or two of those are seemingly(?) coming to the end of supplies with some EU dealers. (Those with limited print runs of 2000 perhaps?) I must admit I have absolutely no intention of "buying to invest" but I would hate to see one of my favourites reach extinction... before *I* manage to get my hands one ONE. ;)

Macavity