The De-Enabling Thread

wytchwood

Yes, lack of money de-enables me very effectively, but the hunger remains...oh the terrible hunger.

Zoe xx

Vesper

.traveller. said:
Here's a toughie for y'all that I don't think can be de-enabled but here goes:

The Alchemical Tarot Art Edition

Yes, it is expensive but... if I don't buy The Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition, The Color Your Own, The Fradella, and the Feng Shu... that makes the price seem almost reasonable. These are all decks I was seriously considering purchasing and if I forgo them, then I can justify the Alchemical.

Check out his website, there's a link for something called The Alchemical Renewed, coming soon. There may be a chance of this deck becoming available again at more popular prices (though I understand the temptation of an Art Edition.)

Also look at the upcoming Vampire Tarot (sometime in 2008), and the in-progress Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery, which, if it ever comes out will (I think) be his masterpiece, and has the potential to be far better than the Alchemical, or anything else he has ever done.

gregory

I suppose that post is a BIT de-enabling........

Not. :(

I can't afford it. I am de-enabled by my pension. :cool:

Sophie

the Alchemical - art edition

.traveller. said:
Yes, it is expensive but... if I don't buy The Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition(the greedy pre-feeding frenzy has me totally turned off anyway), The Color Your Own, The Fradella, and the Feng Shu... that makes the price seem almost reasonable. These are all decks I was seriously considering purchasing and if I forgo them, then I can justify the Alchemical.
I bought this one during the year I had a high-paying job. What can I say to de-enable you?

It's impractical. The deck is very wide - so you can't pack it and take it with you (I don't often see mine as a result :(), and comes in this ordinary index card box. It's impossible to shuffle unless you have giant hands or break it in two and shuffle each half separately.

It is beautiful and beautifully made, no question. If you can afford it without pain, you won't regret it. However - if you want to use the Alchemical as a reading deck, I'd try and hunt down an affordable standard edition. I was lucky - a lovely person gifted me with one :love:

magpie9

It sounds like shuffling beermats. (coasters) It's amazing how depressing & tiresome that gets after a while. In my experience, decks like that get used less and less. You'd just as well frame it and put it on the wall, for all the use you'll get out of it.

Master_Margarita

.traveller. said:
Here's a toughie for y'all that I don't think can be de-enabled but here goes:

The Alchemical Tarot Art Edition

Yes, it is expensive but... if I don't buy The Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition(the greedy pre-feeding frenzy has me totally turned off anyway), The Color Your Own, The Fradella, and the Feng Shu... that makes the price seem almost reasonable. These are all decks I was seriously considering purchasing and if I forgo them, then I can justify the Alchemical.

OK. The art edition is $340 plus shipping. $340, folks.

The regular Alchemical is being reissued in February 2008 for $30.

Is getting a slightly fancier version of the same images REALLY worth three hundred ten dollars to you??

gregory

NO. And I have the original anyway :D

Beer mats, now. Could we read with them and save a HUGE bunch of $£$£$£$£$£ ?

magpie9

gregory said:
NO. And I have the original anyway :D

Beer mats, now. Could we read with them and save a HUGE bunch of $£$£$£$£$£ ?
I'm sure Umbrae can....:D

Vesper

gregory said:
I suppose that post is a BIT de-enabling........

Not. :(

Yeah, I guess I'm slipping in my de-enabling. I believe what was behind my twisted reasoning was the thought of all the great decks scheduled to come out next year: The Bohemian Gothic, The Vampire, The Alchemical Renewed, the reprint of the Buckland Romani... and probably lots more.

There has never been a better time to save your $350, Traveller! You'll need it in about six to twelve months!

.traveller.

Actually, I want them all.

Feeling quite greedy is I.

mineminemine

Or as Zoe phrased it so well, the hunger remains...oh the terrible hunger.