The De-Enabling Thread

wytchwood

No.. the Revelations I think at first seems appealing as it has pleasing colours etc., but I decided not to buy as it is too busy and doesn't seem to 'speak' as a usable deck. I think it would end up being one of those you look through now and then but never read with. Come on, admit it folks- we've ALL got them!

Zoe xx

Debra

Help, please.

I'm sorely tempted to pre-order the Deviant Moon. The images and colors look wonderful in the scans. But it seems so ... weird and sort of sick, if you know what I mean. How could I use it? But the images and colors look wonderful...ack. What to do, what to do?

Anyone up for de-enabling?

Sphinxmoth

too late for me to advise you, i pre-ordered almost the moment I first
laid eyes on it.

sick? well.. hm.. I can see how one might say that.. but if it is,
it's sick in a wonderful, wonderful way.

i shouldn't be offering a post like this in a DE-enabling thread..

moth, hangs her head in shame, but sniggers behind a hand.. (it's the
sick thing to do)

Debra

Not helping, Moth. Not helping....

Debra

While waiting for some REAL de-enabling, I accidentally won an auction on e-bay for the 78-card Ironwing.

Woops.

magpie9

Accidentaly???

I guess we'll have to revive the Ironwing Study Group again. :D Good!

The Deviant Moon is striking, and very tempting to me, too--but isn't pre- ordering a bit hasty? What if yo get it and hate it, or it's unreadable? better to wait 'till reports are in from the people who do pre-order. It's sure to not be what some people want, once they have it--you could probably pick up a copy on the trading forum, if you still want it then. })

thorhammer

Debra said:
While waiting for some REAL de-enabling, I accidentally won an auction on e-bay for the 78-card Ironwing.

Woops.
I was going to bid on that. Thanks for saving me from myself. Congratulations! ;)

As to the Deviant Moon (no offence intended, btw), it definitely is sick, kind of disturbing - even disturbed. If you're not prepared for the creatures that might come up out of the black lagoon, best leave it alone, I think.

\m/ Kat

Debra

Good points, both of you ... thanks, yes, good advice.

So Magpie--does this mean that YOU have NOT pre-ordered it yourself?

The Ironwing is certainly disturbing--not in the "I just escaped from the insane asylum" way of the Deviant Moon, but in the "I am a striped stone beneath a fossil of a tortoise" kind of way. That's a challenge for me--not my normal way of thinking.

Dear Thorhammer, I don't think I deserve credit for keeping you from bidding as I only stumbled on the auction in the last six minutes or so! You'll have to blame (or thank!) your own Inner De-enabling Voice lol

gregory

De-enabling is a strange thing. I deenabled myself from the Golden Desert by looking at my Visa bill once a day. Twice or more on really depressing days....

But I just won a copy !!! I just had to annoy you all by posting this !