The Saturn/Pluto Opposition

AquarianGoddess

In the astrological world, this is a colossal happening and it’s the first time since 1965 that these two planets have opposed each other. Saturn in Gemini and Pluto in Sagittarius will make their final opposition at 16 degrees on May 25 (although we’re beginning to feel it now); the first hit occurred in August 2001 and the second hit in November 2001. Those most affected (and going through a “heavy time”) have a planet or angle from 11 to 21 degrees (5-degree orb) of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius & Pisces (the mutable signs).

SATURN RULES – structure, responsibility, hard work, limits, restrictions, reality, perseverance, frustration, obstacles, stability, planning, depression, patience, pessimism, delays, fear, growing-up, lessons, rewards.

PLUTO RULES – transformation, destruction, death/re-birth, investigation, underhanded tactics, violence, upheaval, guilt, letting-go, secrets, therapy, power and control, obsession and compulsion, seclusion, strength, forgiveness, regeneration.

Together, Saturn and Pluto are the breaking down of old structures to rebuild something better and stronger. What I have learned over the years about transits is much depends on one’s age, how evolved one is and where one is in their life when a “heavy” transit hits. Someone who’s 18 years old will experience this transit much differently than someone who’s 50. Not everyone who has a planet around the “hot” degrees will experience life changes, instead changes can manifest all around you, i.e., co-workers losing their jobs, a friend going through a difficult time, others’ health problems, etc. How one copes with a heavy transit(s) depends on one’s temperament, beliefs, outlook on life, support system (family, friends, etc.) and faith/spirituality.

Suggested Coping Mechanisms for the Saturn/Pluto Transit:

Realize you can’t control anyone but yourself
Eating well, B Complex vitamins and exercise are good combatants for stress
Surround yourself with upbeat people who support and encourage you (if you don’t have a supportive family or friends, the Internet is a terrific vehicle to connect with others)
Refrain from playing “the blame game” Take responsibility for your life and work on making a better future
Acknowledge the problem(s) and make every effort to ameliorate the situation
Do something nice for you (buy yourself flowers, get a new “do”, take up a new hobby)
Start your day with positive affirmations
Find your funny bone and laugh a lot (even laugh at your troubles). Laughing releases endorphins that promote happiness
Practice forgiveness, including forgiving yourself, you’ll feel much lighter
Before leaving the house daily, send everyone you know positive vibes
Spend a half an hour a day pretending you don’t have any troubles
For one day, try not to expect anything from anyone
Donate your time at a nursing home, homeless shelter, children’s hospital, etc.
Exercise patience! Problems usually don’t arise overnight and usually don’t leave overnight
That old saying is true, “take one day at a time”.
If you feel you’re unable to deal effectively with your circumstances, Saturn and Pluto transits are an excellent time to seek therapy
Call someone who has more problems than you, when you hang up the phone you’ll feel better and thankful you’re not them!
Keep in mind that this too shall pass
Acknowledge anyone who does something nice for you no matter how small
Express your feelings to someone or keep a journal (yes, even you Scorpio’s!)
Forget to take your ego with you. There will always be someone ready to chip away at it, but it you don’t have with you, his or her attempts will be futile
Keep a list of your accomplishments and peruse it daily
Don’t forget to give thanks daily
Difficult transits are a real opportunity for growth and development. You will emerge much stronger, less judgmental, more compassionate and view the world with different eyes.
Remember that you have the power within to change your life!

Many blessings,
AG

Other suggestions or insight welcome.

Pollux

And SHE doesn't want to be pointed at as a guru...

No matter how much you try to do otherwise, you keep demonstarting you are GREAT!!!

And this is purely intended to be a backstab to your humbleness, AG!

:p :p :p

jade

i love your posts ag!

AquarianGoddess

Pollux, thank you my dear (she says while blushing), but I'm only sharing a little info on what's proving to be a difficult time for many. Every chart I look at these days has a planet in the "hot" degrees that's being set-off by the opposition. In March and April, it will get tighter and in May it will become exact along with transiting Mars close by and an eclipse in Sagg. We need to stay grounded, optimistic, hopeful and send a heap of good energy out to the Universe. Also, we need to keep in mind that this too shall pass.

AG

bat51

WOW!
never saw that coming :)

you're spoiling people AG, now i'm getting even more lazy in looking up the current astro-stuff :)))))))) you beat the ephemeris anyway :) thanks

AquarianGoddess

Hello Bat!

How ya been? Haven't seen your smiling face in a while and hope all is going well.

AG

New River

Hey AG! i'm printing this out and putting it on my board over my computer. when i am feeling down, blue, pessimistic or just plain cranky, i am gonna read this and put on a happy face.

the least i can do is Pretend all is rosy!

i will do something nice for others, smile and whistle a happy tune!

for anyone who thinks this sounds flip, well, i'm a scorpio and going thru heavy transformational stuff right now.

i do keep a journal, the saving grace in my life along with awesome supportive friends.

i guess my main problem now is, can you actually whistle a happy tune while smiling?

love, light and hope,
New River

MeeWah

AG: Awesome post; thank you! Am printing it for reference.

AquarianGoddess

Hi Jade, New River & MeeWah,

MeeWah, it's nice to see you on this forum!

Jade, what degree is your ascendant?

New River, let's see now, whisling while smiling....hmmmm....a good trick if you can pull it off!

I neglected to mention something important about Saturn/Pluto...for anyone living in an abusive situation, this is the time to release yourself and move on to a better life. This is a transit to totally transform any and every area of life that is holding you back from attaining your goal. It will take much fortitude and power, but it's readily available now (think Nine-of-Wands).

Many Blessings to All & Hang In There!

AG

jade

23 degrees virgo 21' - asc

love
jade :)

and thanks for the info about getting out of abusive relationships........it's always nice to know when to END old outdated friendships.

:) i LOVE cleaning out my life :)