online course?

redqueen888

I am pretty new to tarot, and driving myself crazy with books and websites. I really need to work with someone, or maybe find an online course. Biddy Tarot looks good, but it is pretty pricey....does anyone have some suggestions for me?

3ill.yazi

I'm a big fan of Dusty White, who provides a lot of stuff free (podcast, youtube). He's recently been active again. Don't let the cheesy branding turn you off.

http://easytarotlessons.com/

And joan Bunning's book, you can buy, but she has the whole thing online for free. That's more self-directed lessons, but bona fide.

http://www.learntarot.com/

redqueen888

courses/begin reading for others

Thank you so much. I have some of Jon Bunnings books. Her online lessons are how I got started...now I'm at that "stuck" stage. How do you know when you are ready to try out free readings for others? I read for friends and relatives only occasionally, mostly for lack of confidence, though I have had some really awesome experiences. I'm going to look up Dusty now.

3ill.yazi

Thank you so much. I have some of Jon Bunnings books. Her online lessons are how I got started...now I'm at that "stuck" stage. How do you know when you are ready to try out free readings for others? I read for friends and relatives only occasionally, mostly for lack of confidence, though I have had some really awesome experiences. I'm going to look up Dusty now.

Just one person's opinion here, but one important thing is that you keep pulling out your cards and studying and playing with them between readings. Dusty White and others have different exercises to help you delve into YOUR associations with the cards. Mary Greer has a couple of workbooks that people love. There are some threads in the study groups here that follow along these lines.

Basically, Olympic sprinters don't just run at the Olympics, if you get my meaning. I personally found daily draws counterproductive --they made me superstitious-- and I think there's value in looking at the cards regularly in a low-stress nonreading setting. Just getting to know your peeps. But some people get a lot out of daily draws. I try to look at them as daily study sessions, so if I draw the Tower some day, I'm not all freaking out.

adeptus minor

Look into the B.O.T.A.

gregory

Read here. Offer exchanges, join in some circles.

stone_lotus

I'm a massive fan of the Four Queens.

http://thefourqueens.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-and-updates_605.html

She's got a very active blog, YouTube channel, and Facebook account (and Twitter I think?) with lots of free and inspiring content. She also runs an Etsy shop that has some paid mentoring work you can do, although I've never tried this. I did purchase a reading from her once though, and it was stellar.

In terms of practice/building confidence, like you I also do a lot of self-readings, and I find it's helpful to do them OUT LOUD. Sounds weird but give it a try; maybe it'll click for you.

^ This.

redqueen888

four queens

free is good, LOL! Thanks for the tip. I will look it up. thank you for the encouragement.

redqueen888

hate to be slow, how do I join a circle? And what would an exchange be? (feeling sheepish)