People asking frustrating questions?

Michael Sternbach

While staying at a guest-house in Kyoto, I met a traveller from India there called Gautama, who offered to do a half year course in Yoga with me compressed in two hours, in exchange for a Tarot reading. I asked him what question he had; he calmly explained that he was going to get married soon and he would like to know which one of two women to choose - he couldn't even meet them before the wedding! It took me a moment to recover, then I asked the cards if I should agree to do the reading. I drew The Hierophant, so I took this as a yes. I then decided to do two relationship spreads, one for each candidate. In one of them, The Lovers showed up; naturally, this pleased Gautama. I lost contact with him, so I don't know how things developed for him and his wife to be. I just hope they lived happily ever after!

People have the questions they have, there are no inappropriate questions, really. All you can do is to help the sitter formulate the question in the way most suitable for the cards to answer and choose an appropriate spread.