Deck Protection

agviz

Can anyone recommend a source for silks to wrap a deck with (rather than a bag)? I'm looking for something a little smaller than a spread cloth so that the wrapped deck will then fit into a little wood box I have. I found that my spread clothes are too bulky for this combination of deck and box, but I think a silk might be a perfect fit.

Zephyros

Any fabric store in your vicinity should have them. You might not even have to buy it, some stores give scraps away and then all you have to do is hem it.

tarotbear

Any fabric store in your vicinity should have them. You might not even have to buy it, some stores give scraps away and then all you have to do is hem it.

A piece large enough to wrap a deck or be a spread cloth is HARDLY a 'scrap' at silk prices!

A 'better' fabric store in your vicinity should have silk - even when it's winter. Remember - you can always use a silk scarf from the ladies department (say it's a Christmas gift!)

"All you have to do is hem it" - yeah, right, closrapexa - not the same as hemming your pants (unless you wear silk pants? :p ) - you may need a YouTube video because silk should be hemmed BY HAND or with a narrow hemming foot on a sewing machine or a serger with super-fine needles ... and not many people have those in their back pocket. (I recommend 'by hand' myself. Look and see how the scarves in the ladies' department are finished...)

Just found This and This online, agviz.

donnalee

I keep them away from fire and water. I lock the doors when I'm sleeping. That's all the protection they need. :)

I also keep them away from the cats and the litter boxes and the floor which can be mistaken for a littler box--

huntd04

I'm glad you all had some fun with my question.

When I posted it I was just curious as to what extent you all went to protect your decks in a physical sense, not necessarily metaphysical.

My fiance thinks I am a little excessive but I like to protect anything I take an interest in. Each of my decks are kept inside of a velvet drawstring bag. This is then put inside of a wooden box. This is then put inside of a locking "Vaultz" brand box. Then all of my decks once inside of their respective "Vaultz" boxes are put inside of a wooden chest and padlocked.

I'm a little OCD about people messing with my stuff. lol

Dragonfly77

A men's silk "pocket square" and then a box

nisaba

I would say so - but I suspect the original question refers more to Protection :) - in a MYSTICAL way. Which I don't do at all.

Nor do I. If you are confident and positive, that is all the protection they need.

tarotbear

I'm glad you all had some fun with my question.

When I posted it I was just curious as to what extent you all went to protect your decks in a physical sense, not necessarily metaphysical.

Glad you enjoyed it! Some posters are horrified when people start 'cutting up' around here, like you can only talk about Tarot like it is GOD or something, never raise your voice, everything must be super-serious hush-hush or something. All of us respect the Tarot deeply, but life is too short to walk around with one's thumb up one's a**. :bugeyed:

Have fun here at AT.

nisaba

By what ? (We have ghosts. Does that count ?)

Ghosts are perfectly fine - generally they respect you and you respect them. They're like transparent flatmates who don't eat your food, don't leave the seat up and don't shuffle your decks. If one is distressed (and anger is a form of distress), then show them how to move on. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to share space with them.

I find my ghosts are not actually building-specific, they're specific to me. They're all either individuals I've known who have died, or ancestors, or teaching-spirits, and in one case several years ago, an individual who didn't die but was in a coma for weeks. I like to think of them all as my Imaginary Friends, and when I feel one or more of them around, I have the Warm Fuzzies. I know them all as individuals. I'm happy to have all of them around.

This house I've just moved into, in which a very ill woman died, has no ghosts. My invisible friends took only a day or two to get comfortable, and they're more comfortable now I have "their stuff" unpacked. :)

nisaba

Can anyone recommend a source for silks to wrap a deck with

Buy square scarves.

I know long, thin ones are the current fashion, but you can still get square ones in gorgeous colours.

They're great for protecting your decks from becoming separated or damaged after the cardboard boxes have died.