hand made lenormand, what material to use?

ivanna

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about making my own lenormand, just for me. I think it would be a great connection and a good way to learn the cards. I was good for drawing, and thinking seriously on making my own deck.
I was just wondering which kind of paper to use that I can draw on it, and also be addecuate to shuffle and so on.
It's possible to buy a not printed deck?

Chronata

One good idea...glue sketch or drawing paper to the fronts of a regular card deck. In the case of a lenormand, you can even leave the corner of the card exposed so you have the playing card insert.

You can also get decks of "magic" playing cards at the Dollar Tree...or sometimes in other dollar stores in the toy section. Usually one of those has a half a deck that is blank (but with backs) and Sharpies and other permanent markers work great on those!

ivanna

Great! It s a very good idea the magic deck, thank you!

GryffinSong

I've used watercolor paper before. Most of it is relatively thick and it over-hand shuffles quite well. I made one deck out of cutouts from magazines simply glued onto the watercolor stock. Worked very well, and I still use it for meditation.

ivanna

I never thought about making with watercolor paper, and I think I have it at home. If you say it shuffle well.. I will try, thank you!

ivanna

Did you notice better readings with a deck made by yourself?

GryffinSong

Did you notice better readings with a deck made by yourself?

The advantage to cards I make myself is that they truly resonate with me. I've made three decks so far. A Lenormand with photos I found online, a random meditation oracle, simply made with images I found profound, and a collage deck about issues and archetypes that I found powerful.

Please note that I read for my own personal insight and growth, not to attempt to predict the future. I find all these decks, and purchased decks, all work well for me. My favorite is the random meditation oracle. That's the one that I made out of watercolor paper with magazine images glued onto them. There's something about the way it feels, and about the lovely images, that really moves me. Many of the images are from an art magazine that had a bunch of mixed media and collage artwork, so its very rich with meaning. If I just want a card to ponder for the day, I enjoy taking this one for a spin. :)

I rarely use the Lenormand. I love it, visually, but the Lenormand methodology is so "straight and narrow" that it doesn't really suit me that often.

The collage deck is awesome, but I made them on very large card stock, so shuffling is almost out of the question. Its more a deck to flip through and choose a card for meditation.

I guess that's a really long way of saying that they're special, but not necessarily better or worse than my favorite store-bought decks.