M'arse Says

blue_fusion

Congratulations! The deck is lovely although I had planned to wait for the engraved deck which looks like it will be amazing.

In the preview the card on the right looks like the Five of Epees but the Roman numeral on it doesn't look like a five. It is XIIII, I think that is a form of fourteen? Is that just on the preview?

Tarot readers do have sharp eyes! Lol that was my mistake. I hastily put together the preview images since I wanted to make the announcement yesterday. Rest assured they will all go through an editor first! :D (come to think of it, I don't know why it ended up as XIIII! Lol strange. I would blame it on Merc Retro but that's a week away from now haha)

The engraved deck is actually finished! I decided on following the Marseille pattern but using Italian titles (a strange attempt at an homage to the French and Italian traditions). It's called the Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/tarocchi-di-marcelo-inciso-a-tarot-deck-

-Ly

truelighth

Oh, the Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso, wonderful! Another one of your tarots I really need. :D

BodhiSeed

Congrats on both your lovely decks (including the mini one US Games will be printing)! Are you still working on the M'arse Says deck?

nicky

great news!!!! mazel tov :)

blue_fusion

great news!!!! mazel tov :)

Thanks Nicky! :)

Congrats on both your lovely decks (including the mini one US Games will be printing)! Are you still working on the M'arse Says deck?

Well, it's still... open for updates. Looking for puns for the majors has proven to be quite a challenge. The minors with their... "badages" (bad adage) actually proved easier and I have a stash of badages with me for them.

Part of me is considering just putting badages for the majors too but the other half wants to see how I can pull off finding puns for all the majors. (For example, I have thought lf using bachelor for bateleur, like in Bateleur's Pad, but I can't think of a saying with the word bachelor that leaves an impact. Another example is La Tour [well, Maison Dieu - but that's even harder to... pun] which I thought of referencing as escalatour [escalator], given the tower's height, but I can't think up a witty pun for it. Down goes l'escalatour seems a bit lame :-/)

-Ly

rwcarter

Part of me is considering just putting badages for the majors too but the other half wants to see how I can pull off finding puns for all the majors. (For example, I have thought lf using bachelor for bateleur, like in Bateleur's Pad, but I can't think of a saying with the word bachelor that leaves an impact. Another example is La Tour [well, Maison Dieu - but that's even harder to... pun] which I thought of referencing as escalatour [escalator], given the tower's height, but I can't think up a witty pun for it. Down goes l'escalatour seems a bit lame :-/)

-Ly
How about "Le Batch-a-lures" for Le Bateleur since he's more of a trickster in the Marseilles tradition and the items on his table could be used to lure folks in?

I'll let La Maison Dieu percolate for a bit as nothing immediately comes to mind.

Would you mind listing what Majors you need puns for? Collectively I'm sure we can help you out, especially if that means the deck sees the light of day that much faster. :cool5:

Rodney

blue_fusion

How about "Le Batch-a-lures" for Le Bateleur since he's more of a trickster in the Marseilles tradition and the items on his table could be used to lure folks in?

I'll let La Maison Dieu percolate for a bit as nothing immediately comes to mind.

Would you mind listing what Majors you need puns for? Collectively I'm sure we can help you out, especially if that means the deck sees the light of day that much faster. :cool5:

Rodney

I will check my notes in the laptop when I wake up later and post them here.. I also want this deck to see the light of day LOL though of course now that USG has picked up Tarot de Maria Celia, i'll be making new illustrations for... M'Arse (that didn't sound right!).

This really is almost set to go. I have already even created a draft/outline for its faux historical write up - like how it's connected to famed seeress Madame Lobotsky (Blavatsky) and the Society of Rosy Cushions (Rosicrucians), among so many other wrong things!

-Ly

blue_fusion

Rodney

So I checked out my list of puns and badages:

0 - Le Mat Beware of le Mutt?
I - Le Bateleur Le Bateleur's Pad (or room)? confirmed Bateleur? A lewd Bateleur makes a jealous husband?
II La Papesse Hush Papesse? Frogs and snails and Pappes (puppy) dog tails?
III - L'Imperatrice (ahpiratis)
IIII - L'Empereur (ahprehr) use "a prayer" as pun?
V - Le Pape Le Pape goes Le Weasel? Le Pape don't Preach? (from Madonna's Papa don't preach)
VI L'Amovrevx L'Amour's Le Pity
VII - Le Chariot Use carrot? Never bolt your door with a boiled carrot (sounds a bit lame)?
VIII - La Justice (joostise)
VIIII - L'Hermite L'Hermite le Frog? or Who lost L'Hermittens?
X - La Roue De Fortune (fortuna)
XI - La Force La force be With you
XII Le Pendu
XIII - untitled la Mort le Merrier
XIIII - Temperance (taperas)
XV - Le Diable As long as it gets Le Diable done (sounds lame)
XVI La Maison Diev use maybe La Tour because it's easier to pun? L'Escalatour (escalator?)
XVII L'Etoile (letwal)
XVIII - La Lune (loon/a)
XVIIII Le Soleil (Soleil)
XX Le Jugement (shishma/ jishma)
XXI - Le Monde When life gives you Le Monde? or Le Monde of Glory?

-Ly

blue_fusion

So guys... any pun suggestions based on the previous post's list?

-Ly