Smaller Spread to see if someone is or will be unfaithful?

BeyondtheVeil

Does anyone know of a smaller spread {5 or less cards} that is specific to finding out if someone is or will cheat{be unfaithful} to you?
I am finding it hard to give an accurate reading about this because I think the way I ask it is not specific enough or maybe I am not using the right spread. I use the "What you know", What you don't know, and what you need to know spread. This seems to only answer the immediate future. {like that day}.

I also don't want to debate if it is 'ethical".. I just want a spread. :)

Thanks in advance! :)
BeyondtheVeil

rwcarter

I'm not aware of any such spread, and I think it would be really hard (at least for me) to create any such spread because of one of the points you want to investigate - if someone will ever cheat. "Ever" is a really long time and a whole lot of things can happen in the "ever" timeframe. At best any such spread that examines that question can only say, "based on the energies present at the time of the reading, this is the indication on person X's inclination to cheat." Energies change and people change. So regardless of whether the card in that position indicated Yea or Nay, that answer is only relevant until something changes in the situation.

Concern about whether the other party in the relationship will cheat speaks as much about the person asking the question as about the person about whom the question is being asked. So any spread would need to look at both of those aspects.

I can't come up with any spread right off the top of my head that might work in this situation, but if you can wait a bit, this topic is well-suited to the Collaborative Spread Creation exercise.

Rodney

BeyondtheVeil

rwcarter said:
I'm not aware of any such spread, and I think it would be really hard (at least for me) to create any such spread because of one of the points you want to investigate - if someone will ever cheat. "Ever" is a really long time and a whole lot of things can happen in the "ever" timeframe. At best any such spread that examines that question can only say, "based on the energies present at the time of the reading, this is the indication on person X's inclination to cheat." Energies change and people change. So regardless of whether the card in that position indicated Yea or Nay, that answer is only relevant until something changes in the situation.

Concern about whether the other party in the relationship will cheat speaks as much about the person asking the question as about the person about whom the question is being asked. So any spread would need to look at both of those aspects.

I can't come up with any spread right off the top of my head that might work in this situation, but if you can wait a bit, this topic is well-suited to the Collaborative Spread Creation exercise.

Rodney

Thanks for your response Rodney! :)

I feel if the person is asking, apparently they think that person is or already knows the answer. I guess that is why I thought a spread could tell that A person who has doubts must know something deep down right?
I, of course, don't know if that is true.. but in having friends that are female.. it seems to be logical. lol Well atleast in if friends worry that their b/fs are cheating etc.. they usually seem to be or real close to doing it.

I do understand that people can change and that most things are not set in stone. When I got a divorce, both myself and a professional tarot reader had that he would cheat and the descrption of the female. It was atleast 6 months before said thing happened. I am wondering how she knew that and if there was a spread that actually answered that.

When doing a reading on this very thing.. I got the answer but it was only for that day. I guess I am just wondering why it seems that others know how to get that answer or read that question, but I don't. I mean, I could understand if I couldn't read that for myself, but what about getting that info for others? Wouldn't it show up before it actually happened? Like.. the energies are leading to this outcome, etc.

Sorry if I confused you! I think I just confused myself even more! LOL

I will definitely go look at that thread. Yes I can wait! :)

rwcarter

This topic is now the subject of the second Collaborative Spread Creation exercise thread. If someone knows of or has created a spread to address the issues BeyondtheVeil would like addressed, please post that spread here. Anyone who wants to participate in collaborative thread is welcomed to join us over there.

Rodney

Mojo Twin 2

Just my two cents worth - but it seems to me that a preoccupation with a mate's fidelity is sending a lot of signals to the universe about unfaithfulness. There is this weird kind of energy by worrying about something you don't want to happen causing it to happen - or what you resist persists.

If someone came to me and did a spread based on that question I would just use my basic 5-card situation spread but my intuition would be aimed more at why someone would be so preoccupied with infidelity. Reminding them that they are creating their universe and their future right now, at this very moment. If you would hook up with someone and need to ask that question I'd wonder why you hooked up with them in the first place.

alec...

BeyondtheVeil

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Just my two cents worth - but it seems to me that a preoccupation with a mate's fidelity is sending a lot of signals to the universe about unfaithfulness. There is this weird kind of energy by worrying about something you don't want to happen causing it to happen - or what you resist persists.

If someone came to me and did a spread based on that question I would just use my basic 5-card situation spread but my intuition would be aimed more at why someone would be so preoccupied with infidelity. Reminding them that they are creating their universe and their future right now, at this very moment. If you would hook up with someone and need to ask that question I'd wonder why you hooked up with them in the first place.

alec...

I actually don't believe that because the fact is that there are too many 'happy couples" who one of them gets completely crushed because they got cheated on. Now.. if they are happy, trusting, and didn't suspect it happening.. how do you suppose the 'universe' sent it to them? Makes absolutely NO sense.

Mojo Twin 2

Perhaps I'm describing an ideal setting. It's certainly true that a lot of unsuspecting people get cheated on. I guess what I was trying to say was how I'd approach it in the context of a reading. I'd want to get why that energy was present and if it was causing more of a problem or if there were good reasons for wanting to know. I've known people who's imaginations created situations that didn't exist. There's no one way that everyone behaves and that is certainly one of the joys and challenges of reading for people, finding out how they learn and what works for them.

Good point, thanks!

BeyondtheVeil

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Perhaps I'm describing an ideal setting. It's certainly true that a lot of unsuspecting people get cheated on. I guess what I was trying to say was how I'd approach it in the context of a reading. I'd want to get why that energy was present and if it was causing more of a problem or if there were good reasons for wanting to know. I've known people who's imaginations created situations that didn't exist. There's no one way that everyone behaves and that is certainly one of the joys and challenges of reading for people, finding out how they learn and what works for them.

Good point, thanks!

Oh okay. Good point yourself! I understand now. lol I thought you were saying that people brought it on themselves because they sat around and thought about it. It is sad, but most people are blissfully unaware what their significant other is doing.
You made a good point though about if they are just worrying themselves over nothing. I think that maybe a reading would be helpful for that too as they could have someone else {who wasn't 'in' the situation} to give their unbiased info.

There is a good spread that was started by Rodney. I think we may end up with a second or try to add to the existing spread we already have. Maybe you could check that out and give your ideas?