Tarot Cards for Study and Education

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, I'd like to talk about tarot meanings when it comes to study and education, as in the web I can't find enough information on this subject.

Here's what I've drawn the times I've asked about my universitary career:

8 Pentacles: when I was working at my degree thesis I often draw this card, indeed I was like the guy depicted in the card: I was working hard at writing it and paying attention to all the details. I was totally dedicated to that task.

Ace of Swords + Page of Swords: I got this combo when I graduated and interpreted it as representing myself as a young student thirsting for knowledge and getting her degree at last.

Page of Pentacles: lately I got this one, I'm still a student indeed, that is I'm studying for a master degree now, so to me this card means I'm studying again with great enthusiasm and energy and I'm ready to learn exactly what I need to know to manifest my career goals.

The Hierophant: I also had this card for education when asking about the result of an exam. I interpreted the card as me being really ready for the exam (so The Hierophant as related to wisdom/knowledge), but to me it can also refer to professors/teachers.

The Hermit: another card about wisdom/knowledge to me, indeed I draw it as representing myself dedicated to studying for my exams.

What about you? Which cards do you associate with study and education?
Thanks so much.

headincloud

Magician is adept at helping others do their best and can rep a period of focused study.

6P can be a mentor.

all of the pages could rep students.

elena_jaymz

Magician is adept at helping others do their best and can rep a period of focused study.

6P can be a mentor.

all of the pages could rep students.
Hi headincloud, thanks! You're right, The Magician and the 6 Pents man give the idea of a mentor, so like a teacher/professor and yes, all the Pages could point to students.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

elena_jaymz

I think that also The High Priestess could be associated with education, as she's related to wisdom and knowledge as well, so she may point to a teacher or showing the act of studying and learning.

Grizabella

The Magician has to do a whole lot of study and practice to do what he does convincingly.

Actually, any King of Queen also does a lot of being "schooled" in the proper things to do as King or Queen and maybe even also the Prince and Princess, as well as Pages and Knights.

That's about all I can think of right now since I just woke up. I'll be back later to post more if I can think of any.

Oh, one more! The 3 of Pentacles---he had to do a lot to get good enough to do the job he's doing with the three Pentacles.

elena_jaymz

Hi Grizabella, thanks!
The Magician has to do a whole lot of study and practice to do what he does convincingly.
Yes, it makes sense, he has to learn all about the objects (the Aces) on his table.

Actually, any King of Queen also does a lot of being "schooled" in the proper things to do as King or Queen and maybe even also the Prince and Princess, as well as Pages and Knights.
I agree!

Oh, one more! The 3 of Pentacles---he had to do a lot to get good enough to do the job he's doing with the three Pentacles.
Yes, after all it's the apprentice card!

elena_jaymz

I thought about other ones:

The Fool: It could represent someone at the beginning of his scholastic career, like a child starting the elementary school, but also a young freshman starting the university. His bundled pack seems a school backpack to me.

3 of Wands: It could be a metaphor to broaden your knowledge.

6 of Wands: The victorious man here has a laurel wreath like someone that has just graduated, indeed he's also applauded by all, so I'd say this card can talk about graduation.

6 of Cups: This card makes me think about children at school.

nisaba

To me Pages are about *needing* to learn, not actually learning. To me, the Eight Pentacles speaks of study relating to skills or occupations (including academic study), whilst the Hermit speaks of spiritual learning taken as a life-path. :)

JadePixie

I study Communications

I've had a lot of wands show up for me in relation to study, mostly the knight, queen, 3, 4 ,6, 7.

10 of cups or the Sun - usually shows when I get good grades

I've had the Chariot show up quite a bit too - urging me on when it comes to assessment tasks

The Devil - yeh this shows up when I'm procrastinating/being lazy

Have had 5 of pentacles advise me against taking on too much work, advise me against a particular subject

These are just cards I can think of off the top of my head :)

EmpyreanKnight

10 of Wands may be when you take on so many courses in one semester, that your back is almost breaking. You have proven your competence previously however, so while you may have eaten more than you can chew, you can still do it.

10 of Swords is when you fail a particularly important course, and being the end of the cycle and carrying the seeds of a new one, it keans you have no choice but to re-take it again. Hopefully, all the important lessons have been learned, figuratively and literally.