Help with which spread to use

Sad Gurl

Hi, need some help, I only know a limited amount of spreads like Celtic, 3 cards, Zodiac, mission spread. Just to name a few but I need to know what would be the best spread to use for a question someone I know has. They keep on seeing black cats, they want to ask the cards why. I have no idea which spread would be the best to use for that question. So if someone could please tell me what spread would be the best and why. Also if you could show the me the lay out & what the positioin means that would be great too! Thanks!

*note, I am not the best speller in the world sorry if I mis-spelled something!

clbzkl

The easiest way to compose spreads is to become intimate with the tarot. Meditate. Center and Ground--while focusing on the matters at hand.

Then simply start to ask precise questions about the matter:
What is the concern? Why did this happen? What should I learn from the situation?
Try to narrow the questions to include probable possibility that could concern your question.

I tend to shy away from using a number of spreads; liking to have a few up my sleeve, and keeping some in my pocket until a day of power or before weaving spellwork. Spreads tend to be more restricting that constructive if you begin to look for a spread specified to a myriad of mundane questions.

Get intimate, ask directly and don’t concern yourself with a “spread” but compose the sheet music for your tarot to sing to.

Zelmira

Black Cats

Sad Gurl: I do not know any spread specifically for that issue, but may be you could use the Animal Speak book and see the message the cats bring. Normally when an animal keeps showing up is because they are trying to tell you something. Hope this helps. Peace,

Zelmira

Sad Gurl

Zelmira - thank you that is a good idea, that book is by Ted Andrews right? I think I may have that book somewhere. Thanks!

schmedrake

My first impulse is say just do a one card reading asking the question "what is the meaning behind seeing all the black cats?" Or "what are all the black cats trying to communicate to me?"

As an aside, you don't ever have to use a formal spread to do a reading. Just think of all the questions you want to ask and draw a card for each. Which is to say, make up your own spread. It's perfectly legal. :)