Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 21 - #21

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 21
Number: 21

Symbol: A BOXER IS ENTERING THE RING.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 21 is:
ARIES 20 ~ A YOUNG GIRL FEEDING BIRDS IN WINTER.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 21 is:
ARIES 22 ~ THE GATE OPENS TO THE GARDEN OF ALL FULFILLED DESIRES.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 21 is:
LIBRA 21 ~ A CROWD UPON A BEACH.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 21 are:
CANCER 21 ~ A PRIMA DONA SINGING.

LIBRA 21 ~ A CROWD UPON A BEACH.

CAPRICORN 21 ~ A RELAY RACE.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 21 are:
CANCER 3 ~ AN ARTIC EXPLORER LEADS A REINDEER THROUGH ICY CANYONS.

VIRGO 15 ~ A FINE LACE ORNAMENTAL HANDKERCHIEF.

SCORPIO 27 ~ A MILITARY BAND MARCHES NOISILY ON THROUGH THE CITY STREETS.

AQUARIUS 9 ~ A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

ROCKY
Rocky 1 Rocky 2 Rocky 3 Rocky 4 Rocky 5 (were there any more)
yea this is a symbol of fighting - boxing, exercise, winning

Dr Jones has the key word as exertion - yes.. I know a couple of Aries SUN 21 people - assertive and self-empowered they are for sure discovering a sense of their own identity (usually throught heir physical self, but some are doing it on all levels). Id like to think this sybmol is about fighting with dignity remembering there are rules to follow - as in boxing you know nothing below the belt and all. I think its also about developing skills to be able to physically emotionally and spiritually defend what it is you believe.

If this is one of your natal planet symbols I BET you have at least one sporting ribbon/medal!

The rebel, I think thats a part of this symbol also.

Lets look alchemically/sacred geometry at this sybmol - the boxer in the RING which is actually a square - there is SOMETHING in that...

Solarfire has the body part as - Eye muscles

MCsea

Element Hematite
Discussion Hematite is a black to steel or silver-gray mineral, and is a main ore of iron. The word Hematite means blood. When hematite is scraped on a white surface the streak is red. Hematite aids in mind games, is grounding and helps balance the body mind spirit. I just knew this element was for this symbol, the boxer in the ring – blood, also the energy of the stone to help work the body on all levels at its peak, the red streak – Aries.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 310

tink27

From the last symbol, we had all those wonderful thoughts and ideas and opportunities. Which to choose....and then eureka! We've decided what we want to do. Looking at this symbol and purple_scorp's picture, is this symbol challenging our self-confidence? Perhaps our need to maintain our integrjity in the face of others...of their expectations and opinions?

Are we a little too confident and have crossed the line or gone overboard with it. Or, have we encountered a situation in which it is clear we 'need' more confidence, knowledge and/or faith. Is our environment in some way wanting us to find a balance between action and caution....passion and logic, impulse and discipline.....inaction versus ambition? Is this symbol of standing up for our personal truth?

What of our relationships? Could they fall by the way side as we strive to creatively integrate our power and our sexuality? Our will they heat up, intensify!

This is a very complex and potent symbol to me. One I do look forward to discussing with you all.

tink :love:

mooncat2

:) I'll be back in a few days...........have a boxing match scheduled. ;) Very important I win!!!!

tink27

Ohhh mooncat2!

We're all rooting for you! I've actually been thinking about this symbol and its physical force. purple_scorp is that Muhammed Ali in your picture...the famous boxer??

He was an incredible boxer....but each time he seeked to knock out and overcome his opponent, he was simultaneously dissipating and damaging his own inner powers, his own inner balance.....we saw this again in Clint Eastwoods movie Million Dollar Baby......her boxing career focussed perhaps on the turmoil that she was experiencing on the inside, which was reflected in the ring.

Ohh got to go, I'll share more on this later.

Good luck mooncat2!!!!!

tink27

Too much male is aggressive, macho, controlling, unbalanced and unnatural. But the problem here is that we’ve all been taught to display our masculine side which when not coupled with the feminine appears hard, cold and overbearing. But without it we become lazy, too passive and weak. The feminine energy is quiet, inert but magnetic. It exerts its power through attraction rather than action.

So how do we depict this scene. It obviously represents, male potency, force and drive. Why just waiting waiting for your opponent to enter the ring must must be very frustrating indeed. Just thinking this, I can hear his heart pounding, his knuckles white, his body trembling!! But when the fight has begun and his face is swollen, his lip bleeding, ther opponent and crowd may be impressed with the way he seem to bound back from adversity......until the opponent gets to know your moves.....then the real challenge begins.

huredriel

Some quick thoughts:

The High Priestess and Magician walking side by side ....... both needed to create a balance ....... to create a *whole* if you look at it as 21=World ........ and the thought that comes to mind *adrenaline* ....... that kundalini energy surging through the body ...... from where we are rooted in the earth ........ to pushing us forward when the time is right.