Newbie to Thot

sweet_intuition

MikeTheAltarboy said:
Congratulations!

hehe. After you let it set for a while, pick it up and read it again. You'll be amazed at what you missed the first time. :)

Lol, I was just thinking to do so. But not until the weekend. I need sometime to digest it first. Throughout the week I wanna just look at the cards and study their imagery, and build up my intuition. Would it be good if i bought Duquette's Book on the Thot deck? Everyone here seems to love it, and some swear by it.

I did some three card readings with this for a couple of friends, they and I were shocked at how the readings were so true to life. Things I didn't know about them were revealed. I'm so gonna use it for all my readings.

Thanks again all you guys for all your help and support!

:)

MikeTheAltarboy

Would it be good if i bought Duquette's Book on the Thot deck? Everyone here seems to love it, and some swear by it.

I'd say, only if you think you need it. For someone who has no background in Kabbalah, Astrology, or his other influences, it makes for a good intro to get you going. But it's not terribly deep. If you feel *reasonably* comfortable with Book of Thoth, you don't need it. But there are some interesting things in there, like clips from correspondance between Harris and Crowley.

Aeon418

sweet_intuition said:
Would it be good if i bought Duquette's Book on the Thot deck?
Short answer. Yes. ;)

Lleminawc

sweet_intuition said:
Before reading anything about them, I did a one card reading with them, asking, "are you the cards for me?", and I pulled out "4 of Disks - Power"

well whaddya know - I got the Thoth deck a couple of months ago and pulled one card to see what it had to offer me: and I got the 4 of Disks too. I wonder if that happens to everyone? I had somewhat mixed feelings as "power" wasn't necessarily what I was after.

I've dipped into DuQuette's book in bookshops, and various people have recommended it, but for now I'm going to see how far I get working slowly through the Book of Thoth itself. I'm finding it surprisingly clear, apart from the parts that make no sense at all.

Formicida

Lleminawc said:
well whaddya know - I got the Thoth deck a couple of months ago and pulled one card to see what it had to offer me: and I got the 4 of Disks too. I wonder if that happens to everyone?

Not to everyone. I got the Devil :D Luckily I didn't let it scare me off. I've since given up on "new deck readings." For some reason they always give me really negative-seeming cards.

sweet_intuition

Formicida said:
Not to everyone. I got the Devil :D Luckily I didn't let it scare me off. I've since given up on "new deck readings." For some reason they always give me really negative-seeming cards.

Interesting, three different people pulled out cards that are related to the sign of Capricorn... hmmmmmm