Nisaba's Four Winds of Change spread

nisaba

Firstly, you will need to choose a significator to indicate the situation or character-trait that you wish to change. I recommend flicking through your deck fairly quickly, and pulling out the image that shrieks loudest to you when you're not really consciously making choices. Then have a look at it with you brain engaged - this alone can be quite revealing.

You lay this as card 1 in the middle of the spread. Then shuffle.

Card 2 goes on top of it, upright. This indicates what motivates you to make change.

Card 3 crosses them. This indicates what is keeping you from making change.

Then around them, place out four cards like so:

Card 4 indicates thought-patterns that will serve you in making change.

Card 5 indicates thought-patterns that prevent you from making change.

Card 6 indicates behaviours you need to adopt to make change.

Card 7 indicates behaviours you need to prevent to make change.

~~~

Let me know how you go with this one.

NikkiB

oh love this, going to try it now!

Ambience

Ditto- thanks for this xx

nisaba

<smile> I'll be interested to see how you think it works in practice.

NikkiB

ok just did this for myself, totally spot on! harsh but true lol!

great spread nisba - going in my book! thanks for sharing x

nisaba

Thank *you* for test-driving it for me. I hace a spread laid out on my coffee-table right now, but what with all the comings-and-goings today, I haven't even glanced at it.

Ambience

Thankyou- i posted my reading under "my readings", titled "changing my behaviors". Lovely spread. My friend who is just getting into tarot commented on how good he thought it was xxx

nisaba

Excellent. <rubs hands together>. One for the book, then.

prismlight

Amazing spread! very straightforward and easy to use with all the cards...I'll definitely be teaching it to my friend who's learning tarot!

Chiriku

I came across this one a few weeks ago and recognized that it was meaty enough for a very important subject that's recently come into my life. Despite never having been a frequent self-reader, I feel the need to explore this subject through the tarot. But, I don't want to flog it to death with too many readings so I'm limiting the amount of readings I do and spacing them out over time. I want each spread to bring something useful and significant to the table/question, and this one seemed like it would.

I pulled the cards (from the Archeon deck) and set them aside until I had time to analyze them this weekend. Both the well-crafted spread and the to-the-point deck conspired to offer some good insight. If I find the time to edit out the most personal/revealing portions of my journal write-up, I shall post the cards in the appropriate section (Your Readings, I suppose).

Thank you for the spread.