Universal Fantasy tarot thoughts?

lilac04

Does anybody have this deck? The universal fantasy tarot? I'm really keen on getting it because i connect so well with fantasy themed decks (shadowscapes) and i was wondering if anybody had any opinions about it or if they've used it and what their thoughts were?

Thanks!

agviz

I have it and love the artwork, but somehow I'm not drawn to read with it. I feel like I'm looking at the illustrated covers of fantasy/science fiction books rather than tarot cards. I sometimes find that heavily detailed scenes leave too little for my imagination. This deck might be doing just that for me. Or perhaps I'm just not giving it enough of a chance.

Very interesting and beautiful imagery though.

merissa_88

I love the Universal Fantasy. It's one of my favorites. It reminds me of different fantasy writers without focusing on just one (like Tolkien). It's great for intuitive reading - telling stories with the cards. For some reason, I tend to use it more during the winter and spring.

I kind of ignore the LWB. Maybe others use it more than I do.

lilac04

I love the Universal Fantasy. It's one of my favorites. It reminds me of different fantasy writers without focusing on just one (like Tolkien). It's great for intuitive reading - telling stories with the cards. For some reason, I tend to use it more during the winter and spring.

I kind of ignore the LWB. Maybe others use it more than I do.

I'm really looking forward to getting it actually it gives a lot of information like shadowscapes - it kind of flows, there's a fluidity in getting information because im quite pictorial - do you find that as well? :D

lilac04

I have it and love the artwork, but somehow I'm not drawn to read with it. I feel like I'm looking at the illustrated covers of fantasy/science fiction books rather than tarot cards. I sometimes find that heavily detailed scenes leave too little for my imagination. This deck might be doing just that for me. Or perhaps I'm just not giving it enough of a chance.

Very interesting and beautiful imagery though.

That's kind of true i can see why it would be hard to interpret like that... I have the victorian fairy deck and sometimes i don't relate to it at all lol. I mean, fairies - how am i supposed to relate to fairies? :D

agviz

Your thread does make me want to revisit the deck. Sometimes it takes a few tries...

But I do think you'll love the artwork, so you can't go wrong there. And you might find it reads great!

lilac04

Your thread does make me want to revisit the deck. Sometimes it takes a few tries...

But I do think you'll love the artwork, so you can't go wrong there. And you might find it reads great!

I always find if i communicate with the artwork, no problemo. I don't know how it works for other people tho because tarot is so mysterious! Some people have this amazing gift to just pull stuff out of the air, but i need pictures to trigger so that's why i look for artwork that's really detailed and fantasy driven...

dancing_moon

I have this deck, it was love at first sight. :D Well, maybe, second. :rolleyes:

I actually find it really easy to read with. It gives very blunt and to-the-point readings, especially in the domain of the subconscious (fears, obsessions, thoughts, plans, things like that). Not mentioning that it's an eye-candy, and I sometimes just look through it or pull one card at a time for short questions, both casual and very serious ones.

It's a great deck, but it might take time to get to know it and to connect with it. If you feel comfortable with your subconscious and are a little on the freaky side, then you need to give it a try. :D

lilac04

I have this deck, it was love at first sight. :D Well, maybe, second. :rolleyes:

I actually find it really easy to read with. It gives very blunt and to-the-point readings, especially in the domain of the subconscious (fears, obsessions, thoughts, plans, things like that). Not mentioning that it's an eye-candy, and I sometimes just look through it or pull one card at a time for short questions, both casual and very serious ones.

It's a great deck, but it might take time to get to know it and to connect with it. If you feel comfortable with your subconscious and are a little on the freaky side, then you need to give it a try. :D

thanks dancing moon i will take that into consideration. I'm surprised that it's so blunt! Shadowscapes is so suggestive and fluid and feminine so it's surprising that this one is more to the point...i'll have to take that into consideration....

Theta Choir

I have this deck, but I have to say that -- so far -- it hasn't been a deck I can read with. This does not mean I regret purchasing it, however. The artwork is really fascinating. I'm sure I'll get it out from time to time and see how I feel about actually using it. It's a great addition to my collection, though, even if I *never* read with it. :)