Tabula Mundi Minors: Show me the decans poll

Tabula Mundi Minors: Show me the cards of...

• Decans of Aries: Two, Three and Four of Wands, Queen of Wands; Prince of Disks (shadow)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Decans of Taurus: Five, Six and Seven of Disks, Prince of Disks; Knight of Swords (shadow)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Decans of Gemini: Eight, Nine and Ten of Swords, Knight of Swords; Queen of Cups (shadow)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Decans of Cancer: Two, Three and Four of Cups, Queen of Cups; Prince of Wands (shadow)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Decans of Leo: Five, Six and Seven of Wands, Prince of Wands; Knight of Disks (shadow)

• Decans of Virgo: Eight, Nine and Ten of Disks, Knight of Disks; Queen of Swords (shadow)

• Decans of Libra: Two, Three and Four of Swords, Queen of Swords; Prince of Cups (shadow)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Decans of Scorpio: Five, Six and Seven of Cups, Prince of Cups; Knight of Wands (shadow)

• Decans of Sagittarius: Eight, Nine and Ten of Wands, Knight of Wands; Queen of Disks (shadow)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Decans of Capricorn: Two, Three and Four of Disks, Queen of Disks; Prince of Swords (shadow)

• Decans of Aquarius: Five, Six and Seven of Swords, Prince of Swords; Knight of Cups (shadow)

• Decans of Pisces: Eight, Nine and Ten of Cups, Knight of Cups; Queen of Wands (shadow)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Babalon Jones

So I have been much focused and miraculously am now in the home stretch and almost done with the cards for the black and white version of the 78 card Tabula Mundi tarot deck. I just have the Princesses to draw and a few cards in progress to finish. Since it will take a lot of time to paint them all in color as each one takes many hours, in the meanwhile I’ll offer a small edition of them in black and white. This will be via a Kickstarter, coming VERY soon so stay tuned. If the goal for that is met the color version will be unlocked for reward or a second Kickstarter will go up for the color deck, depending on timing and how much I can get done at once.

Once the black and white card versions are done they will need scanning and then I can post some of the minors. I’ve posted 20 of the 22 Majors and all the Aces on my website, but for the rest of the minors my plan is to only put about half of them online. This is both to deter those with bad intent and also to give purchasers of the deck the pleasure of having surprises to discover.
But I don’t want it to be thought that I cherry picked the best images to put up. So I wanted to offer people the chance to weigh in and vote on what cards of the minor arcana they most want to see.

To keep the poll focused and limited to 12 options, and to make things interesting, the options are arranged by astrological decan. So each choice has five cards associated with it: the three minor cards of the sign plus the two courts associated with those decans. The court cards are associated with two decans of a sign plus one decan of a shadow sign not of the card’s main element. So the court cards each are listed under two different signs.
I realize this excludes the Princesses but I have a special plan for showing them, so no worries there.

This poll will go up here on AT, on my website, and to those who get my news letter, and will help determine which cards get put online for you to decide if you like the deck. I’ll probably post the top six choices.

Here we go, time to choose the decan that has the card or cards you most want to see.

Show me the Tabula Mundi minors of the….

Decans of Aries: Two, Three and Four of Wands, Queen of Wands; Prince of Disks (shadow)
Decans of Taurus: Five, Six and Seven of Disks, Prince of Disks; Knight of Swords (shadow)
Decans of Gemini: Eight, Nine and Ten of Swords, Knight of Swords; Queen of Cups (shadow)
Decans of Cancer: Two, Three and Four of Cups, Queen of Cups; Prince of Wands (shadow)
Decans of Leo: Five, Six and Seven of Wands, Prince of Wands; Knight of Disks (shadow)
Decans of Virgo: Eight, Nine and Ten of Disks, Knight of Disks; Queen of Swords (shadow)
Decans of Libra: Two, Three and Four of Swords, Queen of Swords; Prince of Cups (shadow)
Decans of Scorpio: Five, Six and Seven of Cups, Prince of Cups; Knight of Wands (shadow)
Decans of Sagittarius: Eight, Nine and Ten of Wands, Knight of Wands; Queen of Disks (shadow)
Decans of Capricorn: Two, Three and Four of Disks, Queen of Disks; Prince of Swords (shadow)
Decans of Aquarius: Five, Six and Seven of Swords, Prince of Swords; Knight of Cups (shadow)
Decans of Pisces: Eight, Nine and Ten of Cups, Knight of Cups; Queen of Wands (shadow)

edited to add: the poll closes in 15 days, is private, and one choice only. Feel free to post your choice in the comments though!

Babalon Jones

Also, if you would like to comment on the reasons for your choice it will be welcome! And thank you for participating!

rwcarter

I chose Taurus cause that's my birth sign. I do have a few bugaboos when it comes to minors, basically around retread images that have been done to death. But I know that won't be a problem with your deck, so I honestly don't care which Minors you show. :)

Rose Lalonde

I didn't vote here, since I already voted on your site, but I especially wanted to see what you did with one of the sixes, and I ended up choosing Swords -- decans of Aquarius.

Really, I'll be happy to see any of them. :)

Babalon Jones

rwcarter, what, you don't like da pierced heart? :joke: no worries, nothing here you have seen before, I think and hope at least...

rose, thank you for posting on my website, I have been neglecting it lately to work on the deck so I thought no one would see a post there! I think you will like the Six of Swords, it is one of my favorite cards in this deck. I'm a big fan of Aquarius and Aquarians, and that is the most positive of the Aqua decans :cool2:

Thank you to everyone who voted so far. The poll will only be open for 15 days because after that I hope to start posting cards.

truelighth

How wonderful that the creation of the Tabula Mundi is going so well. I most definitely will want a black&white, but also a coloured one. Keep us posted. And I voted :)

Padma

I also want a colour version, but meanwhile, really want to encourage you! Goooo, Babalon! :D

I chose the decans of Gemini, as that is my sign :)

Babalon Jones

Gemini gets a raw deal in tarot in general, as far as the 3 tarot decans go. I mean, that they get the Eight, Nine and Ten of Swords: Lords of Interference, Cruelty, and Ruin! The least I could do is try to make sure their decanic minors and related courts look cool, design wise.

Padma

I don't think I am the Lord of any of those things...! :laugh:

I appreciate then any effort you take to make those a bit more palatable :) I know nothing about Thoth or Golden Dawn type decks, was hoping to get yours to ease me into it, as I like your art. Pardon any lapses due to ignorance, I have so far been a strictly Rider-Waite person, and also not well read on the different schools of thought re tarot! I just like to read cards...

Babalon Jones

Even in Rider Waite Smith, Pamela's depictions of the bound woman of the Eight (Interference), the nightmare of the Nine (Cruelty) and the stabbed dude of the Ten of Swords (Ruin) are no picnic for Gemini - they are based on the same structure; as RWS is Golden Dawn. Poor Gemini! But the I hope you will like the design and different interpretations, of those and especially of the courts of Gemini, as I said I tried to put in some extra effort for Gemini :)