La Corte dei Tarocchi

Paul

That table for the Cups-Pips is a recurrent theme. In fact, most of the pips have just decorative artwork that recurs throughout the sequence of numbers. Perhaps the swords tend to change the decorative icon more than others.

All icons for each suit-pip remain consistent.

Moonbow

Just beautiful! :D

Thank you Paul

It's interesting that the coins in the card you posted have a different flower than the one in Mark Filipas' site.

Another for the Wishlist... sigh.......

blue_fusion

wow. for the "olden" style of the images, the colours sure are appealing. :)

thorhammer

I was fortunate enough to get this deck in the mail today - a wonderful trade :)

Gazing at the cards, I keep tilting them to change the angle of the light - does anyone know, when D'Onofrio painted the art, did she incorporate gold paint or foil to pick out the details of the cards, such as the hilts of the swords, rims of the cups, edges of the coins, moons and stars etc?

I feel that this will be a keeper deck, and if the mood takes me, I might paint over those small details with some gold paint. I think it would be a beautiful accent!

\m/ Kat

morticia monroe

Believe it or not, I was actually lucky enough to have a friend send me one as a surprise gift! How's THAT for having a lucky day!?

I love everything about them. Yes the cardstock is a bit thick, but this deck would have it no other way. It all comes together perfectly. The art is so beautiful, I love the colors being a bit faded. It FEELS special in the hand. I don't see a problem reading with these lush beauties at all.

Yes Kat, I've been tilting my deck as well just to see the colors and the surface texture of the cards. OOOoo, that gold tinting sounds interesting. I may think about pursuing that myself. :) We could jump together.

I'm besotted now with Il Meneghello. This is my second, the first being the Vachetta. The very fact that they are more of a collectors type of deck makes me want to read with them regularly. I wonder what they'd look like after a little use and abuse? I'll bet they age primo.

SolSionnach

I've had this deck since about 2005... it was a post on tarot-l by Lee Bursten which prompted me to buy it.

I don't read with it - I can't figure out how to deal with the thickness of the cards - but it's definitely a keeper for me. Just lovely. :)

jaled

Italian deck

Where did you but it, sravana? It's nice!

OnePotato

Yes, on the originals there is gold leaf throughout.
It is very bright.

IMO, one of the most beautiful decks ever made.

My only criticism is that the overall color reproduction is a little washed out, because of the uncoated stock.
The originals are quite a bit deeper and richer.
But even this is probably a worthwhile trade off, as coated stock would have killed some of its charm.

I love it.

SolSionnach

jaled said:
Where did you but it, sravana? It's nice!
Hi jaled, I bought it from Alida *ages* ago. I think they may still have them.
OnePotato said:
Yes, on the originals there is gold leaf throughout.
It is very bright.

IMO, one of the most beautiful decks ever made.

My only criticism is that the overall color reproduction is a little washed out, because of the uncoated stock.
The originals are quite a bit deeper and richer.
But even this is probably a worthwhile trade off, as coated stock would have killed some of its charm.

I love it.
Oh, I'd forgotten - do you own the originals, or a previous incarnation of this deck? It seems that I read about teh gold leaf somewhere else...

Le Fanu

Should I or shouldn´t it?

Jury still out on this one...

I love Meneghello decks, but...