what is mars squaring saturn?

Royal Cat

Thank you Isthmus. :) You may consider yourself a novice, but you know so much more than I. I appreciate your time and kindness.

isthmus nekoi said:
you should have felt Saturn's presence building up ever since he entered Cancer, which was a couple months back I think. She says it becomes 'intense' at 2 degrees approaching (you've already past that), a reprieve when the aspect is exact (now) and a 'whiplash effect' when it separates about 2 degrees.

I have been feeling generally better very recently - as in this past week or so. But the idea of a whiplash is not particularly appealing. :( You mentioned Cancer feeling safest in it's shell and that's exactly what I've been doing lately - crawling into my little safe shell. I believe it has done me some good too. I've had trouble over the past few months expressing myself and my needs clearly, but I have recently been trying harder to do so.

isthmus nekoi said:
Your Saturn T-Square in cardinal signs along w/the transiting Mars-Uran conj trining Saturn indicates to me that you are fully capable of taking positive actions to help yourself, although this isn't easy.

No, it's not easy. At least it hasn't been lately.

isthmus nekoi said:
Be careful of power struggles and manipulation, esp w/undiscerning transiting Neptune in 7th, and optimistic Jupiter squaring sun in transit.

Thank you Isthmus, I will keep that in mind. I feel like a lot of my problems from the last many months have been the result of feeling like I have no control over the events in my life. Unfortunately, power struggles in my family and manipulation have been too much a part of my life for too long and I'd really like to brake the cycle. I think that being aware of it is a step in the right direction.

Any opinions on where I can go to learn more about having a T square in Cardinal signs? The things that you and Minderwiz have said here really make me wish I understood it better.

Thanks again to both of you! :)

Cat

Minderwiz

Royal Cat said:
the idea of a whiplash is not particularly appealing.

The Saturn return marks the true entry into adulthood - you are your own person with mature ideas and the self confidence and authority to act.

Look on it as a welcoming and indeed liberating experience. I wouldn't have used the word whiplash - more a friendly shove in the back to get on out there and do your own thing LOL

Royal Cat

True entry into adulthood? Well, I've been on my own and married for a number of years so I truely feel as though I should have made that step already - without the need for a friendly shove from Saturn. :) However, I realize I still have some "issues" with my parents that were never really resolved. The need to assert myself and liberate myself from them is indeed present.

Minderwiz and Isthmus, thanks again to both of you!

:)
Cat

Minderwiz

Hi Cat,

The entry into adulthood is not just you personally, it it a rite of passage for us all. In our twenties we are 'young adults' we may indeed marry and have children, have our own homes but we still often define ourselves in terms of our parents' rather than purely in our own terms. It's still rather new being treated like an adult by people in authority, there's something of a novelty about being 'grown up' And emotionally we might not have made it, even if the law, the partner, the children, says we have. We are still not absolutely sure of ourselves

The Saturn return is where the novelty has worn off. We don't need to think 'I'm grown up now' because we have been for some time and we have established ourselves. We know our own minds, we have the experience to inform our judgements, we don't need our parents help or advice, We have full responsibility and the maturity to exercise it.

In many ways this is the beginning of our period of strength, security and being in control of our own lives. It certainly lasts for most people between the first and second Saturn returns. By the time of the second we are nearing sixty. Historically this would be the time when we had reached old age. Now we have the outside chance of completing a third Saturn return.

So look on the brightside - for the next 30 years you will be at the very height of your powers.

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for the kind words, you two! And also for the feedback, Royal Cat.

I'm not sure about any book that specifically deals w/T-Squares, although Carol Rushman's The Art of Predictive Astrology does discuss T Squares as 'drivers' as well as examining modality (ie. cardinal, fixed, mutable). I wouldn't buy the book if that is all you are interested in though, the section's like 2 or 3 pages long.

Bob Marks also talks about T-Squares on his site:
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TCross15.1.htm

My initial reading of your T-Square in general would be of challenges in relationships w/the Saturn-Venus opposition as they are both in signs they do not feel comfortable in and they both activate the 5/11 house axis. Pluto at the apex will supply you w/the power to transform the tension b/w Sat/Venus.

Royal Cat

Thanks Isthmus,
Yes, I see your point. Business oriented Capricorn in Venus and emotional, sensitive Cancer in Saturn - not the most comfortable placement for those planets.

One of the web sites I read said the following:
"If the T square is made up of planets in cardinal signs:
This configuration suggests that you tend to be critical, impersonal, and in many ways dominating. You have a lot of energy and you are constantly looking for ways to spend it. The T-square configuration generates a lot of impatience in your nature and you often make hasty decisions that you may regret later."

I really don't think I'm as bad as that sounds!! However, I do like to be the one in charge of a situation - hence the desire to operate my own business. And I do believe that, sometimes, being impersonal is really necessary.

The Bob Marks site said this:
"The way out of the potential problems that all those stress aspects can cause is indicated by the empty leg. After all, a T is like a cross with a missing piece. All you have to do is draw a line completing the cross and see the house and sign where it lands. That’s the area of your life where the solution can be found."

Am I right in my understanding that this would be the 5th house for me? (Thus your reading that the challenges would be in relationships?)

Thanks so much. I'm learning so many things about astrology between this thread and reading Minderwiz's posts on the 'what's happening in Scorpio' thread. Very helpful and informative. :)

Cat

isthmus nekoi

Hi Royal Cat,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was looking at your chart, and your 'empty leg' involves Aries and the 9th house. I think this is aided by the fact that your Mars is dignified in Aries and conj your MC.

Uran conj IC may indicate an unpredictable childhood, and having Mars you view harnessing a strong will and drive as a way to maintaining your sense of self, as well as a sense of control. You may have a strong propensity for risk taking (I have a Uran-Mars contact too, so I know what that's like ^-^).

Aries/9th would indicate that tension is resolved through developing your own will and channeling Pluto towards that. As I've said before, it would be wise evaulate your actions carefully, not only b/c of the transits mentioned, but b/c of your natal moon/Neptune opposition. However, you have a grand trine in air, giving you a gift of analytical prowess. 9th I think, represents the foreign and the unknown. It is where you can explore. So be brave (Aries)! Seek (9th) and ye shall find ^_~

(p.s. Astrology also falls under the 9th house)

Royal Cat

isthmus nekoi said:
I was looking at your chart, and your 'empty leg' involves Aries and the 9th house.

OMG, Isthmus, I had a very odd experience/feeling as I read this. My husband (who I've always felt "fills out" my personality and completes me) has one of those odd charts where nearly everything is concentrated in one section... the 9th house!!!! He has 7 planets there. I'm not sure I understand enough astrology to know what that means, but what a strange circumstance!!!!!

isthmus nekoi said:
Uran conj IC may indicate an unpredictable childhood, and having Mars you view harnessing a strong will and drive as a way to maintaining your sense of self, as well as a sense of control.

I'm a bit confused here... do you mean Uran conj MC? I thought I had Libra in IC? And Mars opp. Uran. Maybe I'm just not understanding something correctly. :(

isthmus nekoi said:
Astrology also falls under the 9th house)

:) Sounds like it's a good idea for me to learn more about it then! :) Thanks again for all your help!

Cat

Minderwiz

Isthmus is dead right.

Your IC lies at 24 Libra 55, with Uranus conjunct it at 25 Libra 03 - just 8 minutes of arc away. You have Mars in Aries at 26 Aries 39 which is less than 2 degrees from your MC (the exact opposite degree to your IC). So you have both planets angular and in opposition to one another.

isthmus nekoi

Royal Cat said:
OMG, Isthmus, I had a very odd experience/feeling as I read this. My husband (who I've always felt "fills out" my personality and completes me) has one of those odd charts where nearly everything is concentrated in one section... the 9th house!!!! He has 7 planets there. I'm not sure I understand enough astrology to know what that means, but what a strange circumstance!!!!!

Ah! That's the thing about those 'concentrated' ppl. If they come into your life and activate a special part of your chart, they *activate* it ^_^ I have a friend w/a crazy stellium in Libra (either 6 or 7 planets), and everything sits in my 8th house via synastry. On top of that, everything in our composite chart falls into 7th or 8th. She never set out to change me or anything, but I am nevertheless a very very different person from knowing her.