Evernote, One Note, other electronic solution? Free or paid version?

daphne

I understand your solutions, but I meant to be able to protect only some of the notebooks, not the entire Evernote.
Then when you share a notebook, the others cannot see what notes are in your personal notebooks. I really miss a sort of privacy feature with Evernote.

TinySpark

I understand your solutions, but I meant to be able to protect only some of the notebooks, not the entire Evernote.
Then when you share a notebook, the others cannot see what notes are in your personal notebooks. I really miss a sort of privacy feature with Evernote.

I am not sure I understand the question. Do you only want to share a section of a notebook, or a whole notebook. You cannot really share the entire evernote. I mean you could just give your password and username to anyone but I don't think that's what you mean.

I am confusing myself sorry.

On evernote there are notebooks which are made up of notes.

You can have any number of notebooks and those notebook can have any number of notes.

You can share a single notebook at a time OR a single note within a notebook at a time. You can also choose whether or not that person can edit and view or simply view the note or notebook or whether or not that person can invite other people to view the note or notebook (not sure about what exactly the invite would entail). The other person simply has to have a free evernote account so that they can view or edit the shared file.

um, I don't know if that helped. but if it didn't I'll let daniel explain! lol

daphne

I try to explain citing somebody with the same problem, maybe it is more clear:

"I have the problem that I'm constantly doing screen sharing and taking notes for clients. When it opens to my All Notes list and the second note (in a Personal folder I'd love to have PW protected) shows the 3rd title title down the list as something like "Cancer Test Results," I really don't want the person viewing my screen to notice that. Of course I lock my computer and I lock my phone, but it's all the collaboration work I do that is causing me stress here.
Or another example, let's say I'm working with two competing companies. I don't want them to see a recent note headline about their competitor when I open Evernote."

Cited form evernote discussion forum, posted somewhere beginning of this year. I wonder if this privacy issue was addressed or what solution you got around it. I would really want to password some of the notebooks, it is very inconvenient not to be able to do this.

At present, along with Evernote, for more sensible data, I use another paid soft for taking notes of readings, iDiary, it is great of privacy issues, every diary is password protected. Actually it is fabulous, I love it, but it looks not so fancy as Evernote. It misses the slick and easy to navigate features of Evernote. I wish they would learn from each one and make the ideal program for taking notes. :)

TinySpark

ah! I gotcha. Lol my original idea sucks. I use Evernote for personal stuff. And OneNote for work and school. Strict separation of personal and private. heh. I actually love One Note for the formatting alone but keeping things private really is hard.

However. There is nothing to stop you from creating 2 evernote accounts. But that is a whole 'nother can a worms. ;b

I'm in IT so solving problems like this is actually interesting to me. But, anyways I'll stop typing before this becomes too long... lol.

daphne

I'm in IT so solving problems like this is actually interesting to me. But, anyways I'll stop typing before this becomes too long... lol.

Great you are in IT, maybe you can figure out something. or have some ideas. Please keep us posting.

danieljuk

leaving it to me Tinyspark :D I am not so sure on this one because I'm not affected by this. Looking into it, only OneNote allows you to password each notebook. Evernote not yet, however you could make a folder for personal things and when screen sharing, keep it on a more work Notebook.

Hopefully this privacy and security area is something they will improve! People are demanding it in their forums and you have to pay money to password lock the app on mobile devices on a pro or premium version!

I have a Notebook full of all my readings for other people and some saved readings for me. My laptop and mobile devices are password locked and not shared with anyone but I could see in a work or shared computer environment, I wouldn't feel safe with those readings there :(

TinySpark

Hi Daniel, actually One Note doesn't even let you password protect an entire notebook. You have to one by one password protect the sections in each notebook. And you can still see the names of each section. meh. It's why I like Evernote. Only I can get into my personal Evernote account. :D Thanks for plugging Evernote. It is quite nice for keeping my private stuff private :D

reall

I like fiinote! simple and easy!^^:))

YDM42

Pam I like DavidRM- you can post to blog and create different sections for each blog or study and it has many features including being able to record notes and add video to your entries. you can find it here

You can password protect it...etc...

Yesterday I was going to download a test of Evernote, but there were SO MANY COMPLAINTS just posted by reviewers saying Evernote just eliminated the majority of the tools in the free version. Many reviewers said One Note free version is now the way to go. :?: (I am cool with paying, BUT I really would like a full trial to try first so I don't throw away $.)

For anyone using software for Tarot, are you using the free version of Evernote, or One Note by Microsoft, or different software? Or a paid version? Do you also use an electronic calendar, etc, to organize your life in addition to electronic Tarot entries?

I am drowning in paperwork, and I must find a new way to declutter and minimize debris, and organize my life while releasing the overwhelming amount of paper in my life. :joke: So, I am ISO a powerful way to easily organize Tarot spreads electronically so they are easily searchable, and accessible from any of my devices, computers, and best digital productivity software for general life organization...

Here are some quotes from a couple years ago in a Talking Tarot thread:

3ill.yazi

I use Evernote for work and for my tarot practice, and I have only once approached the allowed limit for uploads using the free plan. I use it for a fair amount of text, and even resources for a novel I am working on, and I've been fine using the free version.