Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 21 - #141

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 21
Number: 141

Symbol: INTOXICATED CHICKENS DIZZILY FLAP THEIR WINGS TRYING TO FLY.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 234

tink27

I started responding to this symbol Saturday, but my server went down. Purple_scorp’s picture gave me an interesting slant……then I watched the movie, Mothman Prophecies and this symbol became much clearer to me.

A dizzying and confusing process this, a spirit of mischief and getting worse at every minute! It’s as if our minds scream ‘hey I told you to get out of my head, why are you doing this….what are you after?’ The pressure is excruciating, you need to escape but there is none. Struggling, terrified, it seems as if every aspect of your existence is literally trying to escape in midair. This energy can be caused by our own stress…..sometimes it can be caused by an energy field much larger than our own. Humanity is under so much stress, no matter how solitary and independent we are, we cannot separate ourselves from the stress of the collective….we are after all, a part of the whole. But this tension we’ve been feeling, has been fermenting, creating upheavals and disrupting our world. It goes against everything we’ve ever been taught. Get ready to roll with the punches….cause it’s going to feel like you’ve been bumped up against a wall.

This symbol could be about upheavals and revisions…..where we are at a threshold, a transition. It could be spiritual, internal, and not reflect much on our outer world but most likely both the inner and outer worlds will go through drastic change.

Then too, unexpected blessings can arrive in the most puzzling manners. This could be promising, although right now it doesn’t look like it. But if we can take time to be calm and focused, this will help us get through this confusing time until we sort out the many different issues confronting us now. But the old methods we thought of or did before won’t bring us the same returns…..everything’s changed.

How do we work this out of our system? Perhaps we need to surrender, ‘let go and let God’…..this way we are open to something higher than us that will come to our aid. Calm and centered we will be able to discern if this energy is ours or something we picked up in the collective atmosphere. We need to pay attention to what is personal and what is impersonal. Then, if the fight is ours we can trust the guidance and our instincts to organize and create a different plan.

tink :love:

p.s. purple_scorp, I'd love to hear your interpretation of this symbol.

MCsea

HI there,

just a quickie, my brother has this as his venus symbol and he does have trouble finding a 'chick' oopps...

I love the kids movie chicken run - I think it echos this symbol in a very light hearted way - but it is about not letting limitations stop us (the chickens in chicken run want to FLY away....)

I also think it is interesting this symbol came up here today when I was today dropping my son off for his first day at big school, all the kinder's were so cute, but they did look intoxicated on excitement, and they were not at all sure what was expected of them - but they tried...

Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Accentuation
Jane Ridder-Patrick Body Point: Left atrium
Crystal Element: Aegirine - focuses on ambition, practicality and life goals, liberating unrealised opinions and potentials.
Flamboyant is a word I like to use with this symbol..... - unrelenting, accomplish the near-impossible with notable success.....inventive, determined and quirky.....

Oh and one of the first people I did a sabian symbol reading for, had this as a prominent symbol (bit vague if it was sun venus or jupiter now) anyway, he kept chickens as a child and pulled out a photo of him in the chook shed as a young boy from his wallet.. it literally represented him enjoying his time with his chickens..

blessings

MARINA

MCsea

I particularly like what you siad Tink - mainly these points..

tink27 said:
a spirit of mischief and getting worse at every minute! ----- every aspect of your existence is literally trying to escape in midair. ------

This symbol could be about upheavals and revisions…..where we are at a threshold, a transition. It could be spiritual, internal, and not reflect much on our outer world but most likely both the inner and outer worlds will go through drastic change. ------

Then too, unexpected blessings can arrive in the most puzzling manners. ------everything’s changed.

Yea I like the sense of change - either our struggle for change or the part where change just happens to us and we struggle to keep going,
the past 6-8 months seems to feel much like how you have written Tink ....

its an interesting thought I take to sleep with me

blessings

MARINA

purple_scorp

Hey tink, hey marina,

I have to start my reply/post by saying/asking, do you know how hard it is to find a picture of an intoxicated chicken?

I don't know why but the word intoxicated, brings to mind Christmas parties and the fools that some people make of themsElves by overindulging in company-supplied (read "free") booze. The man in this picture looks as though he's collapsed on the floor of his office, drunk.

Why the colourful wig? I feel that he is trying to hide/pretend that it's not really him cuddling that rubber chicken because he knows that pretty soon, the office geek is coming by with a camera, collecting happy snaps for the staff newsletter.

tink, I have seen the Mothman Prophecies, a few years ago now....was just trying to remember is that the movie where the bridge collapses? Sorry for spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

marina, is big school big as in primary or big as in secondary?

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Oh yes - I have to laugh purple_scorp a drunk chicken! Well I have seen some dizzy chicks on TV but anyway..

Harry is 5 so its 'kindergarten' but there are so many names for that first year of infants school... it was his first day he wore a school uniform, went for a full 6 hours to school and all that, he has been to preschool - prep but that was much more casual and less hours... he did very well - very well indeed I am so proud...

blessings

MARINA

purple_scorp

Oh Marina, how sweet.....did you cry? I remember the first school day for both of my children. School uniforms, photos etc. I bought each of my children a small stuffed toy to shove in their bags and keep them company during the day. I think the VIC education system is slightly different in the names that we give. Kids go to:

3yo kinder then
4yo kinder then
Prep then
Grade 1 then
Grades 2-6.

Kinder is optional, prep is essentially their first day of primary school. Seven years there and then they're off to high school for another six years. My daughter is in grade six this year, so she goes off to big, big school next year. My, how they grow up so fast!

Drunken chickens.....I had said in an earlier email to tink that it sounds like it could be a recipe for chicken cooked in chardonnay!

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Hi purple_scorp!

Yes Mothman Prophecies.....the bridge collasped, that's the one. People were seeing things they couldn't explain. Weird lights, strange phone calls, it was...well.....quite intoxicating!

Hi Marina,

(giggle) this is so true!!

Marina said:
I also think it is interesting this symbol came up here today when I was today dropping my son off for his first day at big school, all the kinder's were so cute, but they did look intoxicated on excitement, and they were not at all sure what was expected of them - but they tried...

tink :love:

purple_scorp

hey tink,

Isn't it funny how movies can leave an everlasting impression on us, just for one particular scene? And then, we associate that movie with that scene for evermore. I hated that part in the movie because my fear is driving off a bridge and not being able to get out of the car, as it sinks to the bottom of the river. Almost feel as if this stems from a past life experience.....have nearly drowned twice already in this life (once in the sea, and once in the bath). I absolutely hate driving over water (or under it, as in the Citilink tunnel in Melbourne which goes under the Yarra River).

So, I'm interested.....how did Mothman Prophecies help to clarify this symbol for you? I can kind of see a correlation here:

tink27 said:
How do we work this out of our system? Perhaps we need to surrender, ‘let go and let God’…..this way we are open to something higher than us that will come to our aid. Calm and centered we will be able to discern if this energy is ours or something we picked up in the collective atmosphere. We need to pay attention to what is personal and what is impersonal. Then, if the fight is ours we can trust the guidance and our instincts to organize and create a different plan.

Because the lead character in the movie was getting all of the clues, but still couldn't do anything to stop the collapse (though he did save the chic, if I remember correctly)!

with love
purple_scorp