working title: Tarot Sexualis

Alta

Hi Hannafate,

This is one of the most original concepts! Makes me thoughtful, you are approaching human sexuality in such a diverse and interesting way.

I look forward to seeing this one develop.

Alta

Hannafate

this goes in the place of Judgement

(nudity)
http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/renewal2thumb.jpg

I'm still not sure if I like the style I'm using. It's a little different for me. I want the people to be individual, instead of stylized, so that viewers can have an intimate response to the cards, but still have an iconic feel. So, I'm trying to be realistic and abstract at the same time.

I think it worked very well on Temperance, but I'm still not sure... going ahead anyway, since it seems to be working all right.

I am also trying to decide just how graphic the sexual imagery should get.

I know that, the less graphic they are, the more marketable they will be, but, some of the images in my mind are pretty... um.... intense. I'm thinking I should let more of the deep dark scary stuff out with this one.

rwcarter

I have to think on that one for a bit. I can see parallels to the ideas behind the Judgment card, but I'm not sure if the image sits right with me. But if your goal is to challenge people's ideas about imagery and traditional meanings, you're definitely succeeding cause I had to think on that image for a good minute or so before I started to see the parallels. :D

Rodney

Hannafate

I thought about it, and decided NOT to use fisting for the Hermit.

It *is* seeking wisdom within... in secret places... but, maybe too much.

Vesper

Hannafate said:

I am such a prude, but I love your images. I think it's because you've depicted realistic people.

Maybe the fisting could be suggested, like a person lubing his/her forearm while a nice bum waits at the edge of the frame.

Then again, no. The Hermit is, by definition, solitary. (We know what that means...)

rwcarter

Hannafate said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!! Thank you for the best laugh I've had in ages! I'm almost in tears here. But since the Hermit is usually a card about going solo, he'd have to be.... never mind. I'm not going there. :D

Rodney

XIII

Temperance is amazing, definitely a stand-out, but I'll follow this thread with interest.

Cat*

Hannafate said:

*LOL* Great. But I agree with others: Hermit = solo.
The Tower could be fisting, though. It can blow off the top of one's head, after all... :D

I'm totally voting for intense imagery, although I also see your point about marketability...

Hannafate

The Hermit

http://www.unseengallery.com/assets/wedding/hermit.jpg

After some thought, I decided that masturbation, while solitary, implied a certain amount of self-absorption that just wasn't right for the Hermit. So, I looked for another way of showing a separation from the physical world.

rwcarter

Hannafate said:
The Hermit

So, I looked for another way of showing a separation from the physical world.
There's definitely separation there, but it's more of the restrictive type. Not sure if that's what you were going for with the Hermit, who for me at least, implies a sense of movement.

Rodney

P.S. I'm glad you're back to working on this though!