Cards that can indicate regret?

haleyw

Apart from the five of cups, in your experience, which other cards have indicated regret?

Glass Owl

9 Swords

nisaba

The Moon, The Fool (sometimes), The Hermit (sometimes), depends on the basis of the regret.

PAMUYA

5 of cups is a good one

3 of Wands Reversed
5 of Swords Reversed
9 of Swords
7 of Pentacles Reversed
9 of Pentacles Reversed

Hermit Reversed
Judgement

Have had these cards represent regret over the years.

Topsy

Apart from those already mentioned, how about the 6 of Cups? It could show that someone is still thinking of a past decision they made, and wondering "What if things had been different...?", unable to move on and live in the present due to their regrets of the past.

Aladdin

Topsy,

I agree with you about the six of cups. All too often this card is presented as a sort of bucolic heaven. The reality can be a depressive, even suicidal nightmare which won't be found in any 'little white book' or possibly any mainstream book on a shelf for that matter.

Temperance in the major arcana can suggest not pumping enough energy into a project or something you thought to be right at the time.

starrystarrynight

Re: 6 of Cups. Yes...I have rarely gotten it to represent the return of a past lover (as many LWBs define it.) If anything, it signifies good memories of a past love...usually after significant time has passed. I don't really see it as a card of regret, though.

For regret, some of the cards already mentioned, as well as the reversed Three of Swords.

Lifeisabutterfly

Perhaps also to consider: the 5 of Wands--there could be a struggle with an uneasy conscience which leads to regret, or difficulty in finding closure/peace with a certain issue esp. if beside or close to the 2 of swords, and then surrounded by cards such as 3 of swords, 8 of swords, 9 of swords, 10 of swords, the moon, the devil....

ohreverie

Along with the other cards mentioned, I've also noticed the 10 of Wands indicating regret. Like if someone was acting dishonest (7 Swords), angry (5 Swords), or worried (9 Swords), the burden of the 10 Wands comes up as something they have to carry with them.

Anytime I see 10 Wands with 8 or 9 Swords I think of regret weighing & trapping a person's psyche.