Hermit as "my love for him"

kika_meow

I was doing a love spread and in the position "my love for him" I was expecting to pull any other card but the Hermit, since this is a card of loneliness, the past, withdrawal. So my guess is that my love for him is secret, something that I keep to myself? I just thought about that one as I write this, but my first interpretation was that maybe is a love that I experience alone, I mean, a one-directed love, then "his love for me" appeared as the 4 of wands, which could mean that he sees me as a friend and enjoys good times around me when we are in a group.

Can you guys think about a different interpretation on the Hermit?

decan

Well, yes, you are probably right.
Nevertheless this card isn't a good indication concerning a relationship you are involved in. Is it the case or this relationship is in some way still a dream?

If it isn't the case but a real relationship "a love that I experience alone" could mean a kind of frustration, or you'll can't share everything with this person, or, in the worst case nothing.
I don't think you can't say this from this card alone, because it seems it came from a larger spread, but the Hermit in a love reading isn't a satisfying indication, some restrictions are possible.
Just some thoughts!

EnchantedOne

Hi Kika,

I believe the Hermit as feelings represents feelings that make you go deep within yourself. Feelings that yes, you probably keep rather private and to yourself. Feelings that at times may make you so contemplative that you simply don't even want to deal with them. Lots of thoughts and inner working involved. Yet they make you wiser somehow.

The best thing to do is to think about the thoughts, sensations, and situations your feelings for this person evokes. What do you find yourself doing? Being alone often? Or perhaps you are not often alone at all but want to distance yourself from the situation? Or maybe you feel none of the things traditionally associated with The Hermit.

How would YOU honestly describe your feelings? This can help you and others get a better understanding of The Hermit as feelings. You are the one with The Hermit feelings and can attest to whether or not it means disinterest, contemplation, wanting to be alone etc. :)

ETA: I deemed your love for him as literally your romantic feelings (love) for him, and what that love is. Not sure if that was what you were asking but that's how I interpreted it

Ruby Jewel

I was doing a love spread and in the position "my love for him" I was expecting to pull any other card but the Hermit, since this is a card of loneliness, the past, withdrawal. So my guess is that my love for him is secret, something that I keep for myself? I just thought about that one as I write this, but my first interpretation was that maybe is a love that I experience alone, I mean, a one-directed love, but then "his love for me" appeared as the 4 of wands, so... it would make no sense.

Can you guys think about a different interpretation on that one?

Being in love with the Hermit is like being in love with your Priest.....their love is remote (they are untouchable) and altruistic.. it is a fantasy.....kind of like a transference with your therapist.

Thirteen

Shutting out the social noise to find out what is true and real

I was doing a love spread and in the position "my love for him" I was expecting to pull any other card but the Hermit, since this is a card of loneliness, the past, withdrawal.
The Hermit is about withdrawal, but not about loneliness. to the contrary, the Hermit is about wanting to be in solitude--meaning, not wanting any outside judgement, interference or bias. Wanting, to shut out the noise, the assumptions, the exhaustion of being social. That's a whole lot different from loneliness. Loneliness is you want to socialize, and there is no one to socialize with. Solitude is you want to curl up and dive into a book (or paint, or garden, or just enjoy an evening with your cat), and not be disturbed by anyone.

Nor is the Hermit about the past. The Hermit takes his lantern and goes forth into the future. He travels down roads untraveled, shedding his light into dark places and de-mystifying them ;) Think Sherlock Holmes with his magnifying glass. He may or may not reveal his findings to others, what matters to him is that he discover the truth.

What does this say about your love for him? I think it's very powerful and strong. Your love for him wants to get him (and you) away from the madding crowd, as it were. Not texted about, not appearing on anyone's social media page. It maybe bothers you to see him being asked stupid (prying) questions by others--and it bothers you if you're asked stupid (prying) questions about him. Your love for him is so strong, and so focused that all you want is to be alone with him, so you can really get to know him.

You don't want to "own him" (that'd be 4/Pents)...but you want time with him to yourself, just the two of you. So you can find out what is true and real.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation of 4/Wands?

but then "his love for me" appeared as the 4 of wands, so... it would make no sense.
Yo, Kika, remember as per our rules: If you name a card, you must interpret it. Could you please tell us what you think this 4/Wand means for "his love"?

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

almalibrarian01

inner light

I wonder too if it could mean that something about relating to him makes you go deeper and deeper within yourself? In the sense that in relating to him/having relationship with him, he teaches you things about yourself or makes you become more self aware somehow? He lights a candle in your inner darkness or your inner mysteries?

I have drawn this as well for a guy I love and whenever I think of him it feels as if my insides light up (like with the Hermit's lamp). It is a joy.

Does this resonate at all?

Alma

Thirteen

A video that says "Hermit" to me...

Have you seen this iPhone ad? Midnight.

When I first saw it, I blinked in amazement and thought "OMG...that's the Hermit." I think it captures that card perfectly. The Hermit's restlessness (or rather drive, as it isn't aimless). His love and need for solitude. The way, in fact, the world summons him to go out alone to notice what he wouldn't notice if he was with others.

It's a spiritual journey, and like the Fool, he goes where the spirit moves him. But unlike the Fool, he see everything, in detail, and in ways no one else has. Have you had nights like that, where it seems like there's a lantern in your hand making you see things like you never did before? Beautiful, intriguing, fascinating things? Things you want to remember, and ponder? Things that change how you think about, well, everything? This is the Hermit. In this case, with a camera phone for his lantern. :)

kika_meow

Well, yes, you are probably right.
Is it the case or this relationship is in some way still a dream?

If it isn't the case but a real relationship "a love that I experience alone" could mean a kind of frustration, or you'll can't share everything with this person

Yeah, actually both of this interpretations look different but are actually the same, and yeah... I resonate with this.

kika_meow

Hi Kika,

The best thing to do is to think about the thoughts, sensations, and situations your feelings for this person evokes. What do you find yourself doing? Being alone often? Or perhaps you are not often alone at all but want to distance yourself from the situation? Or maybe you feel none of the things traditionally associated with The Hermit.

How would YOU honestly describe your feelings? This can help you and others get a better understanding of The Hermit as feelings. You are the one with The Hermit feelings and can attest to whether or not it means disinterest, contemplation, wanting to be alone etc. :)

Thank you! Very good advice on how to deal with a card that talks about one's feelings. Actually, yes, there's something related with "distance" in this situation, I didn't think about the Hermit from this point of view...