10 of Swords (R) as Avoid

Nightsky

I did a daily three card spread today.

The third card is what to be aware of avoiding today and I received the 10 of Swords (R).

I think I'm getting a little tripped up on synthesizing the Avoid position with 10S(R). The best I could come up with so far is to avoid being over dramatic today.

Any thoughts?

rwcarter

I usually see the 10W as the overly dramatic card thanks to that image from the Ancient Egyptian Tarot. 10S could also fit though.

Rx, the swords all fall out of him. leaving him injured (battered and bruised). So maybe avoid getting tripped up and having an accident?

Rx, the image could also suggest having fallen on one's sword(s), which would relate to sacrificing oneself to the greater good. As advice, the card would be saying that's not necessary today.

Rodney

Mystica7

Avoid getting stuck in the past and beating a dead horse.

Grizabella

The 10 of Swords reversed could mean driving the swords in deeper. If you flip the guy over, that's literally what would happen if it were real swords in a person's back.

I also sometimes see it as the swords falling out, like Rodney pointed out, though.

In your case as what to avoid, I'd say to avoid driving the swords in deeper. Swords are thoughts, words, etc. so if you're in some sort of dispute, don't just keep driving the points in deeper once you've made your point.

Nightsky

I usually see the 10W as the overly dramatic card thanks to that image from the Ancient Egyptian Tarot. 10S could also fit though.

Rx, the swords all fall out of him. leaving him injured (battered and bruised). So maybe avoid getting tripped up and having an accident?

Rx, the image could also suggest having fallen on one's sword(s), which would relate to sacrificing oneself to the greater good. As advice, the card would be saying that's not necessary today.

Rodney

I had not thought that the Rx position might indicate voluntarily taking the hit :) and falling on one's sword. That is quite an interesting idea for 10S. Thank you for the suggestion and I was also extra careful driving around today :).

Nightsky

Avoid getting stuck in the past and beating a dead horse.

Interesting idea. The 10S(R) might be about being stuck in that position or not moving through it. I kept this mind throughout the day - thank you :).

The 10 of Swords reversed could mean driving the swords in deeper. If you flip the guy over, that's literally what would happen if it were real swords in a person's back.

I also sometimes see it as the swords falling out, like Rodney pointed out, though.

In your case as what to avoid, I'd say to avoid driving the swords in deeper. Swords are thoughts, words, etc. so if you're in some sort of dispute, don't just keep driving the points in deeper once you've made your point.

I probably could have covered the spread better when I posted. For the second position, I use something that I took from Jeanne Fiorini's book Tarot Spreads & Layouts: What can help me move through the day with peace and grace? I drew the QS(R).

I see the QS(R) as reinforcing your interpretation of "don't keep driving the points in deeper once you've made your point". Sound advice!

Gosh, I wonder what kind of day this would have been without the daily draw LOL.

Thank you to all for your help with this!