4 of Cups as Action to Take

Desert Girl

I'm having a difficult decision regarding how to proceed with someone who is frustrating me at the moment. The ball is currently in my court, as he messaged me last night and I don't know if I should proceed and respond or just ignore him. I asked what action I should take towards him and received Four of Cups. I look at this card two ways, and I'm not sure what's more likely. 1. I have been offered something (communication) and I should consider it instead of refusing; or 2. The man is ignoring the cup offered on the card - perhaps a more literal interpretation is telling me to ignore the person instead.

empress's dress

I'm having a difficult decision regarding how to proceed with someone who is frustrating me at the moment. The ball is currently in my court, as he messaged me last night and I don't know if I should proceed and respond or just ignore him. I asked what action I should take towards him and received Four of Cups. I look at this card two ways, and I'm not sure what's more likely. 1. I have been offered something (communication) and I should consider it instead of refusing; or 2. The man is ignoring the cup offered on the card - perhaps a more literal interpretation is telling me to ignore the person instead.

why not draw another card so you can get a better picture of what it might be because all three of your interpretations are totally spot on!

Skysteel

Consider it in addition to refusing.

Desert Girl

why not draw another card so you can get a better picture of what it might be because all three of your interpretations are totally spot on!

The problem is it seems like my interpretations completely contradict each other. LOL!

I pulled two more cards to clarify and got Page of Pentacles then Page of Swords. Now I'm a bit more confused, but I see pages as pertaining to communication, so perhaps this is pointing me more toward sending that message instead of ignoring.

Desert Girl

Consider it in addition to refusing.

My inclination is to refuse the communication, so yes perhaps the card is telling me to consider the offer I have in front of me.

empress's dress

The problem is it seems like my interpretations completely contradict each other. LOL!

I pulled two more cards to clarify and got Page of Pentacles then Page of Swords. Now I'm a bit more confused, but I see pages as pertaining to communication, so perhaps this is pointing me more toward sending that message instead of ignoring.

they do. but all cards can give contradictory meanings. i pulled the 4 of cups 2x last week concerning whether someone was going to contact me. both times i thought no they won't. and both times within 5 minutes of pulling the card they did. so just food for thought.

but since this is concerning you and you know what you better than anyone else, do what makes you feel right.

all cards vary in their messages depending on context. context is everything.

i don't clarify cards so i can't help you with interpreting the cards in terms of clarification. i often pull more cards to get a bigger picture about what the cards are saying, like a story board where in some places the details get more specific than in others to help me along.

anyway, you will figure out what the best choice is for you. follow your gut on this one. xo

from your responses here, it seems you actually don't want to. so maybe just don't. :)

Desert Girl

they do. but all cards can give contradictory meanings. i pulled the 4 of cups 2x last week concerning whether someone was going to contact me. both times i thought no they won't. and both times within 5 minutes of pulling the card they did. so just food for thought.

but since this is concerning you and you know what you better than anyone else, do what makes you feel right.

all cards vary in their messages depending on context. context is everything.

i don't clarify cards so i can't help you with interpreting the cards in terms of clarification. i often pull more cards to get a bigger picture about what the cards are saying, like a story board where in some places the details get more specific than in others to help me along.

anyway, you will figure out what the best choice is for you. follow your gut on this one. xo

from your responses here, it seems you actually don't want to. so maybe just don't. :)

Yes, I agree context is key. I'm not sure what my gut is telling me on this one. It's one of those head says no, heart says yes situations. But something's still tugging at me not to let this go. Perhaps then the card is a message to take some time to consider the options in front of me before acting.

empress's dress

Yes, I agree context is key. I'm not sure what my gut is telling me on this one. It's one of those head says no, heart says yes situations. But something's still tugging at me not to let this go. Perhaps then the card is a message to take some time to consider the options in front of me before acting.

great that you've figured it out!

headincloud

I see 4C as advising you to withdraw because that's what we do under this card due to discontent and boredom in a relationship, it's as far from connection and communication as you can get and it comes out when we decide to drop a friend/s. The page P is likely a written message referring to texts and the page S is a clear cut decision you need to make and follow through on. There may have been sharp words around this situation.

goddessof1967

It's most definitely the latter. There are many many other cards that could have been drawn to give the opposite message. Read up on the meaning of the 4 cups and apply it logically.