Hermit reversed?

Rachx

Using Llewelyn Classic Deck. The reading was how Mr A saw Ms B. I pulled a 5 card situation/person spread and drew really excellent cards. 4 cards stand alone -for different aspects of air fire earth and emotions- I don't tend to read them together apart from elemental stuff. There is an overall "spirit" card -which is 2 wands.

Hermit Rx appeared under "Fire" which represents the sitters passion and will. Ms B is Virgo and hermit represents that sign. I'm reading that he sees her as keeping her life passions and desires to herself and that he sees that she has these but doesn't speak outwardly about them - Ms B didn't see that, so I can't help thinking I am missing something - I understand Hermit Rx to either mean coming out of a period of "spiritual seeking" or being really introverted. Any thoughts about what I may be missing? It was the only major

headincloud

Hermit rx in a relationship reading is not too good, difficult to put into context without the other cards but it usually signifies no relationship at all in love readings and having to live without a partner for a while at least.

It can represent someone who is unavailable, paranoid or schizoid hence they may be shut off from the world in some way or this is how he perceives her, most certainly I wouldn't read attraction into the card upright or reversed.

jnett

Using Llewelyn Classic Deck. The reading was how Mr A saw Ms B. I pulled a 5 card situation/person spread and drew really excellent cards. 4 cards stand alone -for different aspects of air fire earth and emotions- I don't tend to read them together apart from elemental stuff. There is an overall "spirit" card -which is 2 wands.

Hermit Rx appeared under "Fire" which represents the sitters passion and will. Ms B is Virgo and hermit represents that sign. I'm reading that he sees her as keeping her life passions and desires to herself and that he sees that she has these but doesn't speak outwardly about them - Ms B didn't see that, so I can't help thinking I am missing something - I understand Hermit Rx to either mean coming out of a period of "spiritual seeking" or being really introverted. Any thoughts about what I may be missing? It was the only major

Hermit Rx, pretty much represents someone who isolating themselves. It could be because of depression, heartbreak, illness, or whatever. If it is how he sees her in the fire placement... it could be because he thinks, she is a heartbreaker. Someone who will break his heart.... or he doesn't want to break her heart (hurt her).

Rachx

Hermit Rx, pretty much represents someone who isolating themselves. It could be because of depression, heartbreak, illness, or whatever. If it is how he sees her in the fire placement... it could be because he thinks, she is a heartbreaker. Someone who will break his heart.... or he doesn't want to break her heart (hurt her).

Thanks Jnett. No depression her side (not sure his) no illness so maybe heartbreak - This is interesting. It's my understanding that it has taken them years to actually get it together - this could be down to previous heartbreaks in other relationships, that's still shadow for them in this relationship ? What I can't fathom then, is if he sees her breaking his heart or the other way round. He thinks he might break her heart? Gosh what a situation. She has been hurt before and I think probably has trust/commitment issues. Or would the three swords have tipped up for that?

jnett

She has been hurt before and I think probably has trust/commitment issues. Or would the three swords have tipped up for that?

I think you just came up with the answer. It could very well be he sees her as someone with trust issues. As for the Three of Swords, it represents a wound still bleeding, possibly a third party situation, involving a break-up. The hermit card rx, is a result from an old wound... putting up barriers... at least it does in my readings.

Rachx

Ah that makes sense - perfect [emoji1305] thank you Jnett - I can see now- it's a bit of "licking wounds and soul searching" you might get with the hermit. Thanks for clarifying xxx