Druidcraft Study Group: Queen of Wands

Laurelin

She's great! She holds her wand of office, but bears no staff or weapon. She needs none but her wits and her sharp tongue. She has no regard for the impositions of others. She will not be told what is appropriate and inappropriate. Her trousers and shoes suggest to me that she does what she will, is ready to act at a moment's notice, and isn't so much relaxing as observing her court. She cannot be denied, she is too stately a presence. I think that's a phoenix on her throne. It reminds us that she didn't become who she is without struggle. She is firey and strong, but she is also soft and feminine. She has grace, stamina, and boundless passion. The manner of her garb and her posture suggests a level of detachment. She is not like the Cups Queen dipping her toes in the water. She stands out among the queens.

I get the sense that she never quite belonged anywhere. She has been forged in the fire. Her confidence cannot be quenched by opposition. When she speaks, people listen. If she were only to tighten her grip on that wand, it would be a cruel switch across bare skin. She looks stern and untroubled (detachment again). Her provocative outfit shows lots of skin on the arms and a sensuous peek at the shoulders. She's no waif, but she's not your average housewife either. We can tell by looking at her that she isn't a figure head. She makes big decisions.

The fire behind her makes me think both of a festival fire and a hearth fire. I think it looks like midsummer today. Sunny, hot, the fire of Beltane at her back. She symbolises the unification of the masculine and feminine within herself. She is at peace with these aspects and it serves her well (she is rather grounded). She epitomizes fire... too much fuel and she'll flare at you with the white hot fury of the sun. But on a nice day, nothing can be as comforting as her gentle warmth. She knows who she is, knows what is her due, and deserves respect.

--Laurelin

Arania

Yup, she definitely knows where she wants to stick it ;o)

To me it appears as if she is using the wand as a means for meditation, to open her inner eye for things others around he cannot see and much less comprehend.

I get a casual sensuality from this card - yet no one should try anything with her, or they'll have a cat in their face.

What I find noteworthy are the emeralds at the base of the wand, and the sapphires on her clothing. The emerald is known to facilitate communication and the discovery of truth. It is also known as the Stone of Peace, while lighe blue sapphire is associated with inspiration and excitement.

Apollonia

I'm coming late to this, but I think the base of her scepter looks like a bird's claw that is gripping the stone. The contrast between the looseness of her grasp on the wand and the tight grip the talons have on the stone makes me think she knows intuitively when to appear delicate, and when to show her strength. The difference between the two ends of the scepter indicates to me that she knows when to be pointed, and when to be blunt. Like her cat, this queen can choose whether or not to sheathe, show, or use her claws.