Druidcraft Courts

Little Baron

For the first time, I have just pulled out all sixteen courts to look at in family/tribe groupings.

They fit together so well. In some decks they don't fit together at all, but here, they make sense; and they all have personality, which is great for getting to know them.

I may be wrong, but I always say Princess/Page as the younger member of the family - depicting new beginnings, starts, youth/immaturity and children. The Princesses all look younger than their older brothers here ... except the Princess of Wands. The Prince from that suit, looks like her kid brother - less focused and generally, younger. Of course, he could have inherrited his youthful good looks from his mother, but I was just wondering if anyone had any views on this. All of the other princes look like young men, but he is more of a teenager, physically. I am sure there is something in it that relates to his youthful and fiery energy but just wanted to see what you guys think.
LB

rhianna813

Hi LB,

Yes, this deck has sooo much personality in the Courts, especially the facial expressions on the Swords. Almost comical! When I have a chance I will take them all out together and have a better look.

I struggle with most court cards in readings and for some reason I always get a lot of them (might be a Leo thing hehe). So I need to study up!

Rhianna

TygrEyes

One of the things I love about the courts is that some of them have ragged edges on their clothing. To me it symbolizes that, although they are leaders of their people, they are still "of the people". The bare feet of some & the look of being ready to act although sitting gives me that feeling of being of the people also. These are active leaders in touch with their people. They are not the kind that are dressed up decorations on display. It's a little thing, but have you noticed that the tops of the thrones of the Queens and Kings match?

Lion-O

Oh yes, the courts are indeed one of the key elements which make this deck very special. What I like best is the balance they keep throughout the deck. You have Kings and you have Queens, these mark the somewhat older generation. Some bring forth wisdom, others experience (at least thats how I perceive this). While the somewhat opposite (in a way) are the Princes and Princesses. Here you have a younger generation, eagerness and sometimes plain out curiosity shine out here as some of these people take up the world as they're in.

I agree with the facial expressions, very well done indeed.

Disa

Little Baron said:
I may be wrong, but I always say Princess/Page as the younger member of the family - depicting new beginnings, starts, youth/immaturity and children. The Princesses all look younger than their older brothers here ... except the Princess of Wands. The Prince from that suit, looks like her kid brother - less focused and generally, younger. Of course, he could have inherrited his youthful good looks from his mother, but I was just wondering if anyone had any views on this. All of the other princes look like young men, but he is more of a teenager, physically. I am sure there is something in it that relates to his youthful and fiery energy but just wanted to see what you guys think.
LB

I agree with what you are saying about the prince looking younger than the princess of wands. In fact, his horse seems to look younger than the horses of the other princes as well. I gather in this instance that the princess is in fact the older sibling, maybe it isn't so much the age that is important with these two but rather just their devleopmental characteristics? She seems to be on a new journey, but well aware of where she is headed, while he seems to just be going, acting spontaneously on impulse.

I did also notice that the thrones match, and in the case of the Wands Courts, the princess has th pattern from the throne turned upside down on the front of her dress.

I also feel that the colors of the clothing in the Families seems to match and blend, ie. the swords are all wearing blue and/or purple.

These courts are so easy to relate too, they really seem to come alive for me.

Disa

Bat Chicken

I agree with Disa on the Wands princess....

These are definitely the most readable courts.....

Celestina

King and Queen of Cups

Try placing the King and Queen of Cups back to back. It really looks like it they are two parts of the same picture. The other court cards match in colors and themes, but they don't seem to fit in the same way.

Marua

Celestina said:
Try placing the King and Queen of Cups back to back. It really looks like it they are two parts of the same picture. The other court cards match in colors and themes, but they don't seem to fit in the same way.

I like to place them side by side, face to face, so they look at each other across the water. The K and Q of wands also look like they're looking at each other if you place them face to face. Do it litteraly and think of a 3D setting.